Used 2007 Audi A3 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Just Awesome
By Mark80scu on 11/27/06 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the car with DSG, premium and open sky. Red exterior, black interior. The car looks hot, people stare at it all the time. Great performance, great pickup. The mileage has been great so far, going to tahoe from the bay I avg 29.3, coming down I did 28.5 (i was going a little faster). I'm 6'3" and fit well, don't have a whole lot of head room, but it's not an issue. Wish the trunk was a little bigger so my dog could fit a little better (great dane mix), but folding the seats will take car of that. Too bad it doesn't come with quattro in the 2.0T. I would highly recommend this car, it just puts a huge smile on my face everytime I take a turn or press the accelerator.

In the pocket
By Jazzman on 11/07/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tired of the stiff ride in my Crossfire, I needed a bit more room and ease of entry. Enter the A3. Just as fast with a turbo 4 banger as the XFire, and a "softer" sporty ride. Quicker than my wife's 2001 TT, the A3 can pass life's slowpokes with ease, yet makes for a nice "everyday" ride. I can get all the nine luggage pieces of my drum set in easily with the rear seats folded down...and still have room for a friend. Great car for city, highway or the twisties when you can. A month of driving the A3 and it's still love!

Speeding in SF
By LeahySF on 10/15/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A great car that combines function with fun. I've had my A3 for about a month and couldn't be more happy. The 200 HP engine and DSG live up too the hype, and man, does it fly. The interior is spacious, comfortable, with a clean design. We searched most entry-level luxury sedans but the A3 was the clear winner - nothing even compared to the driving performance of the A3. You wouldn't know if from the inside, but the car has a ver small footprint, ideal for city driving and parking.

Little Car, No Compromise
By bumpjump on 09/26/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Third Audi, coming on the heels of a 2001 TT and an '03 A4. This is the Goldilocks car: not too small, not too big, just right. Our commute got shorter this year, so this is basically a city car. Shopped the 330i, the IS 350, the new A4, and the G35. Loved the A3's functionality and nimble, cut-and-thrust attitude.

Pound for pound...
By allan douglas on 09/17/06 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my forth Audi, through All Roads and A-4 Avants. $ for $ and pound for pound the best car Audi makes excepting for the discontinued All Road and the A-4 Cabrolet converible which is some $ 12K more expensive to equip. I can do 35-37 mpg with a wax job and no head winds, so I can barely eek out 550 miles to a 13 gallon fill before hitting reserve, but if you want to hold 80 mph on 65 mph interstates and zip past some others in the passing lane, the economy will still hold 28 to 30 mpg. While it does not have some of the useless "bells and whistles" of the A-4 cousin, it's all all around functional car with plenty of storage. Suggest you buy Continental Extreme Contacts, a great all season/snow tire with smoother ride.

Redefining the Pocket Rocket!
By dmeyers on 08/27/06 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What a blast to drive! Short story – I needed to trade in the 330CIC and get something a little more practical as I was losing my winter driver (16 yr old got her permit) and my wife wouldn’t dare part with her MDX. After a lengthy search I decided to go back to Audi (have owned 3 in the past) to drive the A4. I noticed the A3 and it was love at first stomp on the gas peddle! The DSG is unreal (paddles are fun), pick-up (turbo lag? NOT) is explosive and car is extremely comfortable. Gas mileage is great (30.5 on a recent road trip) & the creature comforts are nice (open sky, cold wthr, premium pkgs.