2007 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Best In Class
By Matt on 05/06/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This fall will be two years in my A3 and this car is the best small car I have ever owned. Great all season driver!!

Think twice before you buy
By Laura on 04/04/07 16:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Since I bought my brand new car I never got more than 16 MPG, the gas cover got locked, the back of the front seat fell, it ran out of of oil more than 5 times, the 5th door froze and was impossible to open, the tires wore out - $1,000 to replace them! - the stick shift locks in the worst moments, it is so noisy inside you can not hear the radio, open the window when raining, all the water goes inside because of bad design, every time you want to open the front window, you open the rear one because of bad design. NOT WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE BUYING - THIS IS EXPENSIVE JUNK!!

FUN!
By haus147 on 04/03/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Black on black, manual, open sky premium pkg, cold-weather pkg, purchased in December '06 after much research. The fit and finish tipped the scales. This car is such a blast to drive and gets noticed in traffic. Engine has great power, and the car handles like a dream. The traction control was put to the test during a recent ice storm and came through with flying colors. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Better than a 350Z
By k12 on 04/01/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My daily commute is 152 miles a day. Its a little noisy on some roadways. Overall it's a blast to drive. I was recently driving through 40 mph winds at 75 mph and the car stayed glued to the road. Front wheel drive handles well in the snow.

6 months and going strong
By George Ohio on 03/11/07 16:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 6 months and various trips and weather conditions the DSG A3 keeps going strong. With regular DSG manual shift mode or "S" auto mode we see 24-26 MPG regularly. Unsolicited guests comment on the smooth shifts and strong acceleration. 80 MPH comes too easily on crowded highway jaunts with minimal road noise - keep an eye on the speedometer in Ohio. Snow saw the traction control readily as the wide Pirellis floated and spun. May need winter snows if really interested. Quattro would be nice with the 2.0T. Saw the "check engine light" after a severe temp swing but several key starts apparently reset it before the dealer got a shot. Near 7000 miles and no warranty returns. Fun and sporty.

Perfect marriage of trans and engine
By Thadlaw on 02/08/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As the owner of an '05 S4 Cabrio, I am a bit spoiled. When it came time to buy a winter and commuting car, I decided to test drive the A3 2.0T with DSG. Honestly, I am not sure which car is more fun to drive! The DSG is such a seamless AT that the car just wants to go, and has almost undetectable shift lag. Put that together with the supreb handling, unparalleled Audi cabin, and high fit and finish overall, and you have one sweet little ride. The hatch and knock-down back seats make it a pretty versatile car as well. My 14 year old keeps telling me about all the chips and performance equipment we could throw at it, but why bother? It runs circles around most cars on the road as it is.

What? This has a back seat and hatch?
By Bezor on 01/20/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Torque steer is nearly absent, dive/squat is absent. Nice power, but could probably use another 30hp. Good pulling power down low for a turbo. Turbo lag is absent. DSG needs to be revised so that it holds the gear at redline in manual mode. Brakes are intially soft which dosen't inspire much confidence. However, the car is extremely well balanced for a front wheel drive car and is very, very fun to drive. Rear cup holders are useless and frail. Otherwise the interior is very thoughtfully organized. Needs MP3 aux. input in base stereo.

A3 - what a car
By alex argyros on 01/13/07 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I first saw this car I wasnít in the market for a new car. I was driving a GTI 2002 and was pretty happy with it until I saw the A3 and fell in love with the looks. Then I drove it, wow!!! No other car has the full time all wheel drive and this much power to boot. The transmission is outstanding. You just point it in the direction you want it to go and it goes with precision handling, dry or wet surface. And sport mode brings the car to another level. I am a big fan of a good 6 speed manual transmission, until I drove this car in sports mode. Everything a manual transmission does without the human error. Perfection. I canít wait for an S3 or an SR3, hoping it will come out.

What a Car!
By www on 01/08/07 13:44 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like others, I got rid of my SUV but still wanted a "hauler". I have loved the A3 since I first saw it and the test drive was great. The car is amazing. Look out! In first the tires squeal. The power (and efficiency) of the 4 cyl is amazing. The DSG is a great fun. Once driving, a guy in a Mercedes followed me to a stop light to tell me what a "cool" car it is. The nav system, while a bit complicated, is great. How did I live without it before? Great car. I'd recommend it to anyone. Kill your SUV and get this. You'll be glad you did. Don't let anyone call it a "wagon".

A3 Seat Time - Never enough
By Mountain Roads on 01/07/07 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Test drove Honda, Subaru Outback, Mazda CX 7. Drove the A3 and knew this was the car for us (well, it's actually my wife's car). We live in an area where straight roads are rare and curves are the majority. The 6 speed manual is the smoothest and easiest I have ever driven. Living in the mountains, I vowed never to own a 4 cylinder car. But the 2.0 Turbo climbs up long grades in 6th gear with no problem. Steeper grades I have to shift between 3rd, 4th and 5th gears and that just means I am in for whole lot of fun. My wife calls this my mid-life crisis car but she looks pretty hot driving it herself.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.