2007 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Upgrade from unreliable VW Jetta 1.8T
By Jeff Lesica on 07/26/07 07:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I upgraded from a very unreliable, but fun to drive, manual, VW Jetta 1.8T. I was nervous about staying in the VW brand but the second I drove the A3, I knew I had to buy it. I thought I'd miss the manual tranny by getting the DSG, but it's more manual transmission than automatic and I don't miss the stick at all. The interior quality is outstanding, the seats are not as comfortable as the A4, but still fine for daily driving. The Open Sky system is a splurge, probably not worth the 1100 MSRP sticker price, but I couldn't imaging the car without it. Golf Clubs don't fit in the back without the seats being folded down, but there is a ton of rear passenger leg room.

Wildly fun to drive
By billy52 on 07/19/07 23:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's light, powerful, precise, well-balanced and stops well. Great mileage in Drive mode, wildly fun on mountain roads in Sport mode. Bluetooth and see-around-corners lights and seat heater work well. Very comfortable for driver. Premium comes with good electric seat - for the driver only. Passenger seat manually adjust with big wheel to tilt seat, like our 87 VW Cabriolet - this is a horrible method. Air conditioner works fine on first trip. If restarted when warm, air wants to freeze you, so it ceases to be automatic. Bose stereo is great, but CD changer is very hard to reach and ther is no iPod input! And no workaround except FM transmitter, which is not good in saturated FM market.

Getaway car
By George on 07/14/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased my A3 2.0T after much research and driving the competition. I kept coming back to the A3, and so glad I did. This little vixen grows on you. The DSG, coupled with a very flat torque curve, makes acceleration so effortless that I find myself glued to the rear view mirror. I don't think "Audi made me do it" would stand up in court. Fit and finish is incredible. The sound system is very good (I wanted premium but settled for stock, and no complaints). I've been doing the conventional break-in (vary your speed) and still averaging 27 mpg. Overall I'd have to say this is the finest car I've ever owned. If I win the lottery, I'm going for an A8, but still keeping my A3!

Wow
By mattyd on 07/12/07 15:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a 4-door hatchback for flexibility but didn't want to compromise on performance or drive a huge wagon around. There are a lot of sedans in this price range, but the hatch and folding seats give much more utility. I settled firmly on the 2.0T after reviews and test drives, even though it lacked AWD. I drove the 3.2 solely to prevent buyer's remorse and curiosity afterwards, and that was the one I had to get. Outside the trip I took to break it in, I've put more than 2K miles on it in 3 months and that is with restraint (daily commute is <10 miles RT). It is much more fun to drive than my last car (01 Grand Prix GTP) and sometimes I drive past home and just keep going.

Not what I expected...
By vovak on 06/30/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Audi about 9 month ago. It is an ok car overall but very poor quality. So far, I've replaced radiator, check engine light went on twice, and constantly have to add more oil to the car because "Low Oil" light goes on. These are just major problems. It is still fun to drive (when it is not in the shop) but it doesn't perform as new anymore. Another thing to mention is fuel economy. I though it would be an economical car. The gas mileage is great on the highway ( about 29 mpg) and is horrible in the city and stop and go traffic, where I get about 15 mpg!! Considering that you have to buy premium gas, there's no savings. Also, the car is very loud and noisy.

A3: Best in its class.
By Audi-O on 06/22/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove the 3.2 All-Wheel drive but preferred the 2.0T. The 2.0T was more responsive and felt torquier down low. Impressive after coming from a VR6 GTI. I wasn't sure I could give up the MT for the DSG but after driving the car for a couple of days there was no going back to a MT for me. I drove this car back to back with a Mazdaspeed3 and with the DSG I could drive the A3 faster than the Mazda on the same course. The A3 is just too easy to drive fast with DSG. There is some road noise as others have commented on which I atribute to the tires and stiff sport suspension. The ride is very good given the handling abilities of the car. The fit and finish is first in its class.

Audi nailed this car!
By Stimpy on 06/20/07 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had this car for a week, but I have already put it through its paces. I'm impressed! It handles like it is bolted to the road. I have taken twisties at insane speeds and this car hasn't broken a sweat. Combine this competence with a basic but flawless interior, a great stereo, very good gas mileage and totally solid build quality and I just can't see what Audi could've improved. They completely naile this one! If I ever get tired of driving this car, you best believe I will be seriously considering another Audi!

An "Adult" Kind Of Giddy
By AudiJay on 05/28/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, so I just bought my new A3 3.2 AWD Quattro today after driving the Volvo S40 T5 and the Acura TL-S. The Volvo was nice, but not in the same class, and the Acura was a great car, but a bit bigger than I wanted. The Audi is an awesome car. So much fun. Some folks say that the power gain in the 3.2 isn't worth the increased price. My feeling (having driven both) is that the 3.2 provides a much more steady power (no lag) and is better suited to the AWD. I felt the same way when I chose my VW GTI VR6 over the 1.8T a few years back. Steady power from the very low RPMs. Beyond that, the build quality is great, the nav system is awesome, and I'm smiling!

The Greatest Sleeper
By Haywood on 05/21/07 20:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded an 04 R32 for the A3 and haven't been disappointed yet. It has good performance and is fun to drive fast or slow. DSG is just great.

Fun little guy!
By Yo mama! on 05/17/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car, we dumped our Touareg off and never looked back. That thing was cursed! Our A3 is a great addition to our garage, utility, and fun at the same time. If you are over 6'3" I would go bigger but at 5'11" I fit just fine. Totally recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.