2007 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Not impressed
By scnc on 08/13/12 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the 2007 Audi A3 used. It was a 1 owner car with 68k miles on it. The car was clean and beautiful! I drove it for 4 months before I traded it in and lost 5k on the trade in deal alone. The AC system failed, and it caused the motor to over heat. Saved the motor, but I had to replace the entire AC system. Cost me $1700 bucks! The rear power window broke. Window went down and never came back up. Cost me $450. The glass top sun roofs are a great idea until you see how HOT the inside of the car gets from the sun beaming down on it. I live in the south and that little car was never "cool" inside. The cup holders are a joke, you cant fit more than 1 drink period!

Audi A3 dissapointed
By mddriver1 on 10/31/11 10:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Although my Audi A3 is fun to drive and handles well, I am extremely disappointed by the frequency and cost of repairs, and cost of maintenance. My 2007 A3 has only 79k miles but I have spent about $4,000 in repairs in maintence in the past two years. That is inexcusable and not something I expected from a supposedly high end auto manufacturer. Actively looking for a new car.

German Engineering?..i get it now.
By mikers6 on 08/16/11 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As a 40 year old driver, i have had alot of vehicles, mostly American, some Asian. I purchased a 1 owner 80,000 mile 2007 A3 2.0T. It is the best car i have ever owned. for those of you driving arround in American or Japanese cars...you are really missing out on "real driving" this entry level Audi runs circles around the big 3's flagship cars. Fun to drive, reliable, quick, and Quality, Quality, Quality. I will now only consider European cars. And Audi is the best bang for your buck in quality, luxury, style and covers every need. At 80,000 now 95,000 miles it is mistaken for brand new by people on the street. No problums doing 50-70 miles 7 days a week. I LOVE THIS CAR!!

200 hp with 4-cylinder (turbo)!
By tylchan on 09/08/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ibis White, S-Line Black Leather Interior with 6- speed Manual Transmission. Amazing looking car - inside and out - received many compliments - even from people in other cars and pedestrians! Fun to drive, although steering will be nicer if stiffer at higher speeds. Great handling - have driven very well defensively in the crazy traffic in LA. Navigation with the knob takes too long and needs time to learn - although the DVD update makes it very accurate and quick. Good power for a 4 cylinder engine! Luxury car - can be expensive to maintain and repair if out of warranty

My three years with an A3
By Quag on 07/30/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great driving car. I don't particularly care for FWD, but it does handle great! Fun to drive, great MPG, 26-27 in normal, mixed driving and recently 32 mpg at 75 mph on a road trip. The DSG has been as enjoyable as I thought it would. I cannot compliment the "interior experience" of this car enough..great driving position, comfortable, relatively quiet (now that I've replaced the original P6 tires), excellent drivability and great brakes. 4 banger is quiet and smooth.

The Full Package!
By Tuan on 11/01/09 22:09 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The A3 is a very stylish, powerful, and gas efficient "mini" wagon. With a chip and performance downpipe, I was able to make 230hp and 263tq at the wheels. I have the S-Line w/ Technology package 2.0T FSI and some of the major known problems are as follows: 1. Divertor valve tearing (easy to remedy w/ new piston-type revision valve) 2. Burning oil (varies from car to car but personally I only add 1qt per 5000 mi) 3. Clogging intake valves due to the nature of direct injection (fixed by running a catch can set-up) 4. Cam follower wear on high pressure fuel pump (this is a wear item that should be changed out every 30k and check every oil change, only $50 part but VW/Audi won't tell you that).

Livesaver!
By washes on 08/17/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We got the A3 because it was fun to drive and was a luxury wagon. Last week my husband was stopped in traffic on the highway and was rear ended by a Dodge Caravan going 50-60 MPH. The A3 is a total loss with over 19,000 in visual damage alone. The safety features in this car can't be beat, while my husband has some injuries he was able to walk away from a serious multi-vehicle accident.

Certified Used
By Bluesmaster on 02/09/09 14:58 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this A3 with 7000 miles and it displayed very little wear. After driving it for a month in icy and snowy conditions I am very impressed. The stock all season tires get the job done but the fronts are worn a good bit. There are no rattles and the s-tronic transmission works very well. Handling is excellent and the mileage is decent considering the power and weight, about 20mpg in mixed winter driving. The A3 tends to be very touchy when accelerating from a stop, it's jerky and hard to achieve a smooth getaway. The brakes are excellent. Overall, I'm very pleased with the interior quality and look of the A3. I drove the 2.0 turbo and I feel the V6 is considerably better.

Design ERROR
By PKWadkins on 02/07/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Have an A4, love it, decided to get an A3. Worse mileage than our truck, turns 3000 RPMs at highway speed, can't even make 10MPH in 1st gear. TERRIBLE design point. We've contacted Audi, they blame everyone else (dealer, etc) - but it is the worst design I have seen in 30 years of buying cars. Lighter than the A4, same power (V6), smaller, and about 10MPG worse than the A4 - blows my mind. We won't touch Audi again - due to Audi USA refusing to discuss, acknowledge, suggest fixes (ie, different gear ratio in the differentials). By the way, I'm an engineer, have extensive auto experience...

Not a good purchase!!
By Waste on 01/13/09 05:35 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the premium package with the white exterior and dark grey interior. This is a good looking car, BUT I have had so many problems with it. Exteriorly, the trim on the sky system keeps on popping off. I had to bring my vehicle in 4 times to get this fixed. The Pirelli tires that come stock are terrible! I had to replace the fronts under 20000 and the rear 25000. Now I am having engine problems with the transmission. Recommendation: don't purchase this vehicle! Also very noisy while driving past 60 mph especially if you get the roof racks, which are also junk. Mine broke the first week I got them.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.