Used 2006 Audi A3 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Amazing Car for the Money
By Andy and Marcia

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has been a very nice vehicle to own. It has been to Northern Michigan during the winter ( ESP worked very well )and the summer A/C worked very well . Average mileage winter/ summer is about 23 mpg city and about 28 / 29 highway. In the winter we have seen 32 mpg on a round trip to Atlanta and on a trip to North Carolina we saw about 28 . Very comfortable on a long trip. In town as an errand vehicle the car has been very handy. Parking is a breeze and even in summer with the AC running ( as in right now ) we get about 21 in town day to day stop and go. The warranty on the 2006 was handy with the sunshade and the AC needing repair as well as the oil change and service intervals.

DSG, 2.0 turbo a blast. parking, room for groceries, room for four even though it is kinda crowded, sun roof, heated seats / mirrors very nice. Radio sounds great , rain sensing wipers and defroster very efficient. With Premium, cold weather, DSG, Pearl Mettallic, satellite radio, sale price was 31k .

Better cup holders in front , rear seats needs to fold flat, sun glasses storage, better CD storage, arm rest interferes with parking brake, have at least a 4 way power passenger seat with premium package. It does use a qt of 5 w 40 synth in between 5 k intervals. I hear that has been addressed.

Love the Car
By GregIrwin

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car for two years. It's a lot of fun to drive, and gets decent mileage (~27mpg). The interior is perfect for my needs, and the hatchback is highly functional. There's been some wear and tear. A lost button, and a busted door handle. Given I paid $26k for the car, I consider it an outstanding value.

As an '06, service is included. Fun to drive. Easy to park. Good mileage.

My golf clubs just barely fit in the trunk, another 1" or 2" would make the difference.

What a Gem
By Larry Marks

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2003 530i for a certified pre-owned A3 with 36,275 miles on it. I couldn't be happier. It is a phenomenal vehicle, and all for under 30k. It all starts with the engine. The 2.0T is a great powerplant, and I love the short throws on my 6 speed manual transmission. The low end torque really gets the car going. The steering is very responsive and the ride is very stable. It is such a blast to drive. It is a coin flip between this A3 and a 323i as the best driving cars I have ever owned. The quality of the interior build is much better than the BMWs I have just come out of (a 323i then 530i). The fuel economy is not bad (25mpg for me) for such a fun car to drive

2.0T engine, 6 speed manual transmission, interior build, seats, Open Sky system, exterior design.

Please bring a turbodiesel engine to the US for this car. I think the 140hp TDI going in the 2009 Jetta would be a great fit the A3.

Looking good, but many major problems
By LZ

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We leased the car in October. By July AC broke down in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity. Audi couldn't fix the problem for a month. They had to replace the compressor twice. Then a year later I fule pump broke down on a highway and the car almost stalled. I barely avoided the accident. Now my just simply wouldn't start one day. When mechanic from Audi came - the and tried to start it - the engine started smoking. Week later they tell me oil pump is broken and they are replacing the engine. I am getting rid of the car - I no longer feel safe driving with kids in it. Total dissapointment.

When works - a lot of fun to drive, excellent cornering and traction. Winter package is great for those who ski - I can put all 4 pairs of skis and boots inside, heated seats and mirrows very helpful

DSG has mind of its own sometimes - dropping 3 gears on rapid accelarition. Radio is flaky with often poor reception. Sunglasses holder/storage would have been great

Great Car
By Michael

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car just under 3 years ago. My lease is almost up, and I am going to buy it. The car looks great, drives great, fast for what it is, good fuel efficiency, nice options, DSG is great, and reliability is very good. There are only two issues with this car. Considering the performance, the springs should be a little harder, I replaced them and I am very happy now. The other issue. Mankind has been building cars since 1908, you think by now we could wash the engine with a hose pipe and not damage the engine. Well maybe I am wrong, so I did, and it cost me $180. Do not wash the engine with water. Otherwise really a great car.

Performance, looks in and out. fuel economy, compact wagon the way of the future.

Better springs. An engine you can wash with water.