2006 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Green Sports Car
By quietstorm on 09/25/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is awesome!! For one thing this is not a dime a dozen car. I love that not every car in the parking lot is an A3. I always get 28-30 miles to the gallon highway and almost the same in the city. What other car can zip you around town take corners fast and get good gas. I got open sky it great is makes the car feel roomier. The DSG is fun when your driving just for the hell of it. Plus you can feel you are in a well bulit car. My doors are way heavier (3 steel beams per door vs. 2) than an american counterpart.

Upgraded from 01 GTI
By utahgti on 09/07/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Upgrading from the GTI, the Audi feels very familiar. The 6MT is silky smooth, and feels even better than the GTI (awesome feel). I have the lux.pkg., sunroof, coldweather. I am a bit worried about snow and the 17" tires. In researching, I was wanting the 4-door GTI (not avail as of yet) or A3. My 3 main gripes: sunroof in my GTI was superior (1-touch/better sunshade). The basic radio is NOT mp3 compatible and aux input not standard. The climate controls are NOT intuitive (but make sense after studying the manual). It's a great auto, don't get me wrong. The road feel, engine note, steering wheel feel, interior look/design, it just feels right. Oh, my insurance increased only ~$60/year over my GTI.

New Audi A3... Loving It!
By New Audi Owner on 09/06/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I don't think I've ever written a review before, but I had to let you all know I love my new Audi A3. It is so much fun to drive. The gas mileage is what it says on the sticker. It handles beautifully and turns on a dime. It is not for really tall people. My uncle got in front (he is probably 6'3") and almost had to open the sunroof for extra room. I am 5'8" and fit very comfortably. I love the bluetooth capability. That is awesome for talking on the phone, especially since mine is a standard. The only improvement... the voice recognition could be improved. I'll say the number and it will repeat it wrong. Sometimes it is better to just dial manually and then talk using the car speaker.

Those who "get it" love it.
By TampaA3 on 08/23/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I have ever owned, period. The A3 is one of the best cars on the road and yet you will be hard pressed to find one next to you at the stop light. Most will not understand this car and just write it off as a "wagon" but the people who "get it" drool over it when they see it. I have enjoyed driving this car so much that I often go for drives just to enjoy it. I bought my 2.0T before the 3.2 was available. I have not driven the 3.2 for fear of wanting to upgrade. The power is more than sufficient in the 2.0. I got almost every option on the car except Nav which does send the price way up but its still a great car and a good value.

3 months & 10000 miles later!
By AudiSoCali on 08/21/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had this vehicle 3 mos. but have managed to put it through its paces around so. cal. The car is everything I expected it to be. Practical, sexy, fun to drive. No cost maintenance has saved me a lot. The DSG is smooth and effortless, yet aggressive. The new 2.0 FSI engine is awesome. Even grandma would feel like Schumacher behind the wheel. Props to Audi for making an affordable, luxury, performance, "hatchback"!

Fun to drive but glad I leased it
By SteveK on 08/19/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car 9 months and have put over 10k miles on. A lot of fun to drive, and good looking, too. But I'm glad I didn't buy it. It's chock full of little annoyances. Sticky turn signal, huge gap between 4th and 3rd gears on downshift, sunroof with a mind of its own, bits and pieces constantly loosening or falling off, too easy to knock gear shift out of manual when upshifting, to name a few. And it's a rattle-trap. Very good mileage considering the turbo engine, though.

Couldn't ask for anything more
By Michael on 08/15/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Being that my father used to work at the Audi plant in Stuttgart many, many years ago, I know of the German reputation for building quality cars. I have not been disappointed. The single most thing that stands out for me is the performance. I have been thrown back into my seat on several occassions when stepping on the gas. The interior is impeccable along with the skyroof and especially the onboard computer. I no longer have to use a calculator to figure out my gas mileage. The comfort and functionality of the seats are first rate. My last four cars were all Ford models. This is my first Audi. If the A3 is any indication, this definitely wont be the last

Fun drive
By Rick on 08/13/06 01:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is fun to drive. The turbo engine needs a slight more power, nothing a chip upgrade won't fix. Front wheels due seem to spin a bit, but after some driving time you learn how to minimize the spin.

Mature and Sporty
By Pete on 08/08/06 04:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I chose the A3 because I was looking for a car that was mature (not a boy toy), functional (can I fit a large screen TV ?), and sporty (fun to drive). The A3 is a perfect match. The DSG is fantastic - but took some getting used to as I would tend to forget I was in manual mode. My only regret was not getting the Sport model, because the suspension is a little softer than what I am used to, but then the ride is more luxurious as well, and I did ask for a mature ride. I'm getting about 22 MPG in mixed driving, but think I'd do better if I quit playing with the paddles. At first I didn't think I'd want the Open Sky roof, but now I am very happy I got it.

A3 2.0 Turbo After 10,000 miles
By Dallas on 08/03/06 04:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car last October after gas hit $3/gal (the first time) and after test driving the others. I have owned many luxury and sporty cars over the years from the BMW 7 and Mercedes S sedans to the BMW M3. I have to say that this car is a perfect blend of fun, function and economy. The DSG transmission is fantastic, the hatchback with fold-down seats plenty roomy, and the gas mileage (~28 mpg) is great for today's environment. We just turned over 10K miles and have had no problems with the car at all! My only complaint is the Pirelli tires -- too much road noise. I plan to own this car for a long time! Congratulations to Audi.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.