2006 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Pretty good, but...
By JWD on 02/03/07 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great purchase, in general. You wouldn't expect a 4-door hatch to be a head turner, but it is. The famous Audi attention to detail is there, but I take issues with some of the UI decisions. Maybe it's just mine, but the DSG is a little hinky and pauses and catches sometimes (dealer told me they couldn't find any problems when I took it in). Sunroof clip broke the very first day. No iPod jack on an upgraded Bose system? Come on. No OB computer?? Even my girlfriend's Grand Vitara shows real-time gas mileage.

Great
By J. Kreg on 12/23/06 15:15 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle has been great! Engine has excellent acceleration with 250 horses and automatic transmission shifts almost like a manual. I have 18" rims and my windows tinted and it has been a head turner. Great for younger people, if they can afford it. Only dislike is the size. I need more room in the back, but then I'd have to go on to an A4 right? Better gas mileage also.

A3 is a great car!
By dan on 12/19/06 09:12 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The A3 is a cross between the TT and A4 Avant. The 2-liter turbo scoots, car handles well and the wagon design is practical. Interior design is a beauty, with brushed aluminum trim included with the premium group. And you don't see A3s coming and going all the time on the roads. It's almost a well-kept secret.

Safe well built car
By jenna on 12/19/06 07:15 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Audi A3 sport back 3.2 quattro and think its a great car with loads of space. I just picked up a freezer easily. It went in back with two seats down and room for my mum in back seat. Build is perfect, safe and the quattro makes wet or snow weather easy to drive in. Petrol isn't too bad - 32 mpg on motorway doing 70mph and round town 23mpg. The dsg box is great, won't go back to manual now . It's fast, 3.2 sport and driving on long journeys is great. Hardly any wind noise or road noise which you would expect having quattro.

Well Rounded Car
By John on 12/14/06 12:03 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The best all around car you can buy. This car is a special car, I've driven an M5 and this car is more fun to drive. Don't let the size of car fool you - the exterior is small and fun to parallel park in downtown, but the interior is spacious. The stability control works extremely well in snow or rain. I have gotten over 500 miles on a full tank of gas that is only 14.5 gallons big, driving from S.F to Seattle.

2006 A3 3.2Q
By Scott Lawrence on 12/04/06 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

A great car to drive, performance with the 3.2 is smooth and very fast, handling is excellent. Especially like Quattro, no torque steer or wheel hop even under very hard accelleration. The interior is exceptional and the fit and finish are perfect. For the price I would have liked a power passenger seat and rear heated seats, but that is pretty minor stuff. Finished in bright red with 18" wheels it attracts a lot of attention.

Upgrade
By Mac on 12/02/06 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove a Ford Ranger before this car, obviously it's a huge change and upgrade. Still, having driven a standard for the last 25 years, I didn't like the auto transmission for the first 5000 miles, but once it was broken in, it's been a dream since. Cost was fair value; I don't think it is overpriced at all even with the luxury package and Open Sky.

One of the Best Choices Under 30K
By JJB on 11/23/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving my A3 for a little over a year. The handling is amazing with the sport package. DSG is cool for lazy feet, but not for me. Bottom line: there are a lot of cars out there in this price range. More importantly, there are many above this price range. A GIAC or REVO for this car, and it will hang with the M3s and STIs of the world. However, with the A3 you also get practicality and comfort, which those cars do not have. AND, I'm getting 36 MPG highway!

FUN TO DRIVE
By sandy on 11/03/06 02:01 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My A3 is an excellent ride. I drive 60 miles to work one way and it is all freeway. The vehicle handles and performs well. I feel safe on the road. I have averaged 32 mpg on the highway. The car is responsive and when the turbo kicks in I can easily move through traffic. The hand brake could be in a better position. The car should have a compass. Get the deluxe package and 17" wheels.

Very Fun Car, Worth Every Penny!!!
By chicoBR on 10/17/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Since I knew for a while that I was going to drive from PA to FL 1,180 miles I waited to write this review. I have a 2.0T, DSG, Sport Package, 17 wheels, and the car is AWESOME. Honestly, it could not be better! The engine is very responsive, transmission is smooth and fun to use on all three modes (Sport, Drive, and Shift Pads), interior finishing is upper class, audio system is excellent, and the exterior looks from every angle very sporty. I had never had a car with sport suspension and was afraid that I would get tired of the firm ride. When I test-drove the A3 premium package and the sport package prior to make my decision, I had no doubt that the sport package was the way to go!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.