2006 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
One of the Best Choices Under 30K
By JJB on 11/23/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving my A3 for a little over a year. The handling is amazing with the sport package. DSG is cool for lazy feet, but not for me. Bottom line: there are a lot of cars out there in this price range. More importantly, there are many above this price range. A GIAC or REVO for this car, and it will hang with the M3s and STIs of the world. However, with the A3 you also get practicality and comfort, which those cars do not have. AND, I'm getting 36 MPG highway!

Upgraded from 01 GTI
By utahgti on 09/07/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Upgrading from the GTI, the Audi feels very familiar. The 6MT is silky smooth, and feels even better than the GTI (awesome feel). I have the lux.pkg., sunroof, coldweather. I am a bit worried about snow and the 17" tires. In researching, I was wanting the 4-door GTI (not avail as of yet) or A3. My 3 main gripes: sunroof in my GTI was superior (1-touch/better sunshade). The basic radio is NOT mp3 compatible and aux input not standard. The climate controls are NOT intuitive (but make sense after studying the manual). It's a great auto, don't get me wrong. The road feel, engine note, steering wheel feel, interior look/design, it just feels right. Oh, my insurance increased only ~$60/year over my GTI.

New Audi A3... Loving It!
By New Audi Owner on 09/06/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I don't think I've ever written a review before, but I had to let you all know I love my new Audi A3. It is so much fun to drive. The gas mileage is what it says on the sticker. It handles beautifully and turns on a dime. It is not for really tall people. My uncle got in front (he is probably 6'3") and almost had to open the sunroof for extra room. I am 5'8" and fit very comfortably. I love the bluetooth capability. That is awesome for talking on the phone, especially since mine is a standard. The only improvement... the voice recognition could be improved. I'll say the number and it will repeat it wrong. Sometimes it is better to just dial manually and then talk using the car speaker.

Those who "get it" love it.
By TampaA3 on 08/23/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I have ever owned, period. The A3 is one of the best cars on the road and yet you will be hard pressed to find one next to you at the stop light. Most will not understand this car and just write it off as a "wagon" but the people who "get it" drool over it when they see it. I have enjoyed driving this car so much that I often go for drives just to enjoy it. I bought my 2.0T before the 3.2 was available. I have not driven the 3.2 for fear of wanting to upgrade. The power is more than sufficient in the 2.0. I got almost every option on the car except Nav which does send the price way up but its still a great car and a good value.

Fun drive
By Rick on 08/13/06 01:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is fun to drive. The turbo engine needs a slight more power, nothing a chip upgrade won't fix. Front wheels due seem to spin a bit, but after some driving time you learn how to minimize the spin.

Audi All the Way!!
By Zodiac3 on 06/25/06 00:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Researched the car for over a year and finally test drove an A3 among other brands: BMW, Volvo, and Acura. A3 won me over mainly for its fuel economy and the performance - TURBO. A very capable "sportswagon". Most of my friends couldn't believe how well handled the car is on the road - mine comes with the sports option. The AudiConcert sound system is quite good. I can't wait to take this car along the Coastal Hi-Way in Calif. Nice work, Audi!

All-Time Favorite
By Ebling on 06/10/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A terrific vehicle overall. Fast, fun, with practical features. Beautiful interior and exterior design elements. 2.0T engine a driver's delight. Audi Concert audio very capable. Ride, handling, comfort, and thoughtful touches allow all-day comfort and fun in the twisties. This car makes me smile during and after every drive. Premium and Cold Weather pkgs. nice. "Sportswagon" more apt than "hatchback." The A3 "concept" and execution is dead-on. I'm 6' and OK in the back seat without Open Sky. Solid feel. Looks small, but really isn't. I love this car. The center arm rest can interfere with the hand brake, but it's no big deal. Options can add-up to 30+k. Form follows function.

My first car ...
By Kiran on 05/28/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's my first new car. Premier package with Opensky. I am driving a car again after two and half years break and am still getting used to it. Mileage is as expected. Acceleration and handling feel great but sometimes it doesn't seem to respond as well to gas pedal. I don't know if it is my driving. The front sunshade latch on the Opensky broke after 5-6 times of use. The dealership admitted that they have been getting lot of complaints about that latch. The screws attached to the net/hook in the cargo area are really loose. I also occasionally hear some rattles from behind. It is the first production apparently. Otherwise, the storage space seems to justify why I preferred this to A4 sedan.

Fast, but Open-Sky is cheap quality
By DKAM on 05/24/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Initially happy with the power and interior quality. A little turbo lag, especially in 1st gear. Quattro should be available with the manual transmission. I had to go for front-wheel drive to get M.T. which feels inferior to rear-drive cars like 325ci. Car is fast and nimble, but nowhere near that of the 3-series (2003 for comparison). The interior sunshade for Open-Sky system is cheap looking and feeling. The latches are breaking (common problem). This is an Audi luxury brand car and should not have such cheap parts. The rest of the interior is of good quality and presentation, though.

Test drove it then.....
By aw on 04/29/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

had to have it!! I bought the last one on the lot, a red base 2.0 with a six speed m.t. This car is a blast....has a bottomless well of torque and a (very subjective) perfect balance between ride and handling. Transmission is positive and quick. The motor is a gem - NO turbo lag and just a sly hint of that distinctive suck/whine that blown engines have. I love this thing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.