Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

The best of two worlds
By Tom

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 TT (3.2, quattro with DSG) for the A3 3.2 quattro in order to get a back seat. I thought I'd miss the TT but I don't. The A3 combines the performance of the TT (same engine same DSG) with the comfort of a five (well, really four) passenger car. It's lightening fast and the DSG offers even smoother shifts than on the TT. The styling outside and in is great, with elements of the TT and the A4. The new grill looks great on this model. Equipped with the bi-xenon headlights, navigation system (an MMI interface that becomes the command center for radio, CDs, telephone, navigation, etc.), open sky system and Bluetooth, it has it all.

Performance, DSG, navigation, Bluetooth, Open Sky System, Sirius

Parking brake bumps the arm rest when engaged. Pricey with all the options... but worth it.

No Regrets
By Raymond

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pros: Excellent entry level luxury car. Lots of options available. The build quality is excellent inside and out (except for the sunshade - see below) and the car feels very solid and stable on the road. Plenty of power in the 2.0T model. Cons: Power driver seat only available on cars with Premium package (most dealerships carry the Sport package). No power passenger seat available. The latch on the sunshade for the Open Sky system broke within a week (Audi is supposedly releasing a kit to their service centers to fix this flimsy part).

Interior control layout. Nav system. DSG. Great gas mileage for a performance car (currently getting 28- 29 mpg according to the trip computer on mixed highway/city driving).

Put a better latch on the Open Sky sunshade. Road noise very audible during highway driving. No power passenger seat available. Power driver seat only available on hard-to-find package for a 30k+ car.

I'm converting to Audi for life!
By Jason

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Audi, and I couldn't be happier. The acceleration is amazing (0-60 faster than the Boxster), and the handling is crisp and responsive. The DSG is an engineering marvel as well. This car has opened my eyes to the beauty of Audi, and I will be an Audi loyalist from here on out. This car serves as my daily commuter as well as my weekend joyrider and it fills both roles admirably. The sport program on the automatic is also tons of fun, and useful for showing up coffee can exhaust bumble bees that meet you at red lights...

DSG, silky smooth turbo engine, crisp handling and excellent servo steering, sweet stock sound system.

A little more rear leg room is maybe the only thing.

Worth the wait!
By Lotus72

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been looking to replace my VW Passat for the past year. The new Passats left me cold, I was waiting for the new GTI but after comparing the two and driving the A3 I had to have the Audi. Had mine special ordered as black, silver & grey are the only colors dealers seem to be stocking in the Northeast. I had mine done in white and it really stands out and shows off the cars lines. Great driving, awesome performance (zero turbo lag) and superb roadholding. Will dust many more expensive cars. Front seats very comfortable and sound system rocks.

DSG! Have always driven manual transmissions, but after driving both was 100% sold on the DSG. Best automatic on the planet. Fun to drive factor is amazing. Great acceleration.

I didn't want the "open sky" feature but would have ordered a conventional sunroof if available. Seat belt warning tone could wait a few seconds for someone to get in and seatbelted... tone goes off as soon as key is in the ignition, a little annoying is all.

4DR TT
By EricT

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my A3 w/sport, convenience, cold weather, Bose, Open Sky and Xenon in Jan. CPO vehicle with 4,000 miles so I got the 6 yr/100k warrantee. I know who the previous owner was. Traded my 00 VR6 VW Jetta. I loved my VW but this car is it. The looks and build quality are top notch. Performance for a 4 cyl Turbo is fantastic. This thing goes. The exhaust note when on the gas is music to my ears. Just loud enough to let you know that this baby has a little something under the hood. Xenon lights are great, Bose is plenty fine, I am not an audiophile and my girls really like the glass over the rear seats. Ergonomics are just right inside. Just a solid package for around 30K.

Looks, exclusivity (I have only seen two others around town since buying), heated seats, audio controls on steering wheel, open sky and performance.

Heated rear seats would be cool, power front seats. Redesign the parking brake handle so as to not hit arm rest. Not a big deal, I rarely use E-brake anyway. Tinted windows standard equipment. Sport suspension is firm, can be a bit harsh at times. Could filter out road noice a bit better.