Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Quattro BLAST!
By RobPaul

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a 4wheel Quattro BLAST! I considered the Subaru WRX as another fast mini-wagon, but after comparing the 2, the Audi made the Subaru seem cheap and tinny. The DSG (direct shift gearbox) is amazingly smooth and snappy as any manual transmission shifter can do on their own.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, leather interior, acceleration, cornering, Quattro stickiness, hi-speed passing ability, Open-Sky sunroof, and the Sport Mode of the DSG. The acceleration of this rocket is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the crappy sun screen latch on the front Open Sky sunroof. It broke on the 3rd use. But that's all...

Very nice sportwagon
By bruintoo

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The engine/drivetrain combination on the A3 is amazingly wonderful. 200 hp on tap with superfast and supersmooth DSG. The style is subtle and sublime. The interior is impeccably Audiesque.

Favorite Features

FSI turbo engine, panoramic sunroof, DSG, and Bluetooth phone connection

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price by about $1k or so.

The Truth, a REVIEW you need to READ
By unsatisfied

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Less than 1yr old. I've ran into every problem imagineable. Let me list all the problems i've had: 1) Locking mechanism: rear locks stopped locking, dont know how or what I did to them (maybe nothing?). 2) Alarm engaging: days later, alarm stopped. Service guy told me to manually lock (you do not pay for a pseudo luxury car to manually lock your car). 3) Moon roof malfunction: the mesh screen would get stuck, I took it back 3 times. 3rd time due to me running over a curb cuz I was pulling so hard. 4)Sun visor & tail light: went out in 6 months. 5) foglight grill: flew off on freeway. $100 something to replace. 6) airbag malfunction. 7) speakers: front ones went out, they said it was my fault for loose wire.

Favorite Features

The looks and glances I received for having this car last April as a pre- release.

Suggested Improvements

Audi needs to fix all the kinks. First year model, and first year introduced = too many problems.

DSG Transmission Problems
By Bill

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car was great until around 7300 miles; then I heard a noise that sounded like an aircraft turbine engine. Took it to the dealer, who determined it was the transmission, but said they would have to notify Audi to determine what work could be done. Took Audi 6 days to decide to replace the transmission, which had to be shipped from Germany. It appears that if the dealer hadn't contacted Audi to pressure them to make a decision, Audi would still be deciding what action, if any, they were going to take. So, 2 weeks after problem surfaced I finally got the car back. Now I'm concerned about the reliability of the DSG transmission. Didn't get any help from Audi Customer Relations Advocate either!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Faster response from Audi concerning warranty issues.

Love Hate relationship
By A3Man

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is absolutely amazing. For an all around do it all vehicle Audi hit the nail on the head. I love the design and the interior layout. I love the sportiness of the suspension and how the car handles every type of road thrown at it. I hate that I have taken the car in for two electrical problems already. First, was the coolant temperature sensor crapped out on me. Audi did order the part and had it in within a week though. Secondly my heated seats went out and come to find out it was just a plug issue. The 2.0T is capable, but needs more. A $600 chip increases to 250 HP and 300 lbs of torque. Cargo could be a little better, but any more and it would be an SUV. Overall it is a great car!

Favorite Features

Interior comfort Sportiness Amenities

Suggested Improvements

Engine power