2006 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Audi A3 is my favorite car I ever had!
By Barbra on 07/10/05 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's such a cool car. Less trips to the gas station is a big plus and its got room for two kids, a stroller and a trip to the grocery store! Audi has found the answer to needing a mom car but still wanting something fun and awesome to drive. Thanks Audi!

Car is too popular
By Dug on 07/08/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a brilliant red with DSG, Sport, Convenience, Cold Weather, Stereo and Xenon packages. These cars drive like they are on a track. It is great to have a car that drives really well, gets good mileage and you can fit equipment into and onto. DSG shifting is a real piece of technological achievement. Interior is perfect for my family of three plus our dog.

Basic and Bold
By Slax on 06/30/05 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After three trips to the dealership, test drives of the manual, DSG, Base, Sport and Premium packages, I came away with a base model with 6-Speed MT and Open Sky. In the end, the base model was such a great value, I couldn't justify spending thousands more for a couple more bells and whistles. This was after driving the Saab 9-2X (they would have had to pay me to buy that one) and Volvo S40 (good value and affordable option pkgs, but not even close on the "wow" and driving fronts). If you are looking for something in the $25-30K range, you HAVE to at least drive this car. If they don't have the exact one you want, you can order it from the factory through the dealership like I did.

What A Car!
By Andy on 06/25/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Test drove this car with no intention of buying an Audi and drove home with it. The 200 HP under the hood and the McPherson strut front suspension make this one fun car to drive. I was amazed at how much room this small car has. If you test drive, make sure you ride in the back at some point to see what I'm talking about. We have the Sport Package, Open Sky System (way cool!), Cold Weather Package, Convenience package and Bose Radio. This car rocks!

WOW
By mazzy on 06/16/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Quicker and more fun do drive than by Audi allroad! Love it in the city as it is easier to park. The best sound system I ever heard in a car.

Nice but UGLY
By Me on 06/16/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove the new A3. It was very responsive and quick. No noticeable turbo lag which is common in most turbo cars. The interior was well designed but it is an ugly car on the outside. It looks like an oversized VW GTI. If they kept it the same size as the GTI it wouldn't be as ugly. It should've been aborted in the design stage.

Dollar for dollar unbeatable for now.
By Michael on 06/14/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

From the first moment I test drove this car, I was sold. Since the day I purchased it I cannot say enough about it. It just takes every important aspect of today’s cars, and combines them together, and then tops it off with exciting new features. Audi got it right, excellent job guys!

Audi's TSX
By A3owner on 06/12/05 02:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Feels a lot like "luxury" Golf, and that is a very good thing! A3 may not perform as well as as the VW Golf, but its just as fun to drive. This is one of those cars where you can take it work on a weekday, and race it on the weekends!

Recommended
By Tim on 06/10/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a solid ride, nimble both in speed and in the turns. The steering is the smoothest I have ever driven. There is a slight pause in quick acceleration but the car is very fun to drive. The interior is comfortable and the features are readily accessible and intuitive. For me it is the perfect size, great performance and a great look. I have looked at several different cars over the past few years (before finally giving up the Honda) and there is no contest for this car in the under 30k market.

The perfect commuter car
By bradley_earl on 06/09/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Living in Los Angeles, this car nearly perfectly suits my urban needs. The DSG transmission is brilliant. It actually shifts faster than the manual, which (according to Motortrend) translates to faster 0-60 times than the manual as well. Shifting is as easy as driving a playstation car- yet a visceral experience equal to the best of any performance car I've driven. The 2.0T is perky, and offers plenty of performance- unfortunately, more than the suspension and all-season tires can handle. Fit and finish are typical Audi- which is to say exceptional. The interior is a blend between the A4 and the TT. It isn't nearly as industrially stark as the TT, and yet not as anonymous as the A4.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.