Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Test drove it then.....
By aw

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

had to have it!! I bought the last one on the lot, a red base 2.0 with a six speed m.t. This car is a blast....has a bottomless well of torque and a (very subjective) perfect balance between ride and handling. Transmission is positive and quick. The motor is a gem - NO turbo lag and just a sly hint of that distinctive suck/whine that blown engines have. I love this thing.

Torque, handling, gearbox, stereo, good seats, grippy wheel, gorgeous five spoke alloys.

A little tight in the backseat, driving position can feel a little odd because the pedals are canted slightly toward the center of the car and there's a long reach to fully depress the clutch (even for 6'3" me). Otherwise sublime!

Very Sweet Ride!!!
By Chef

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove a lot of cars, some much more expensive, before buying the A3 and I couldn't be happier. The build quality, ride, handling, and power development in this car is excellent, especially at the price paid. The technology with the FSI engine is class-leading which includes a factory front mounted intercooler and forged engine components that should last a long time. The fuel mileage started off only fair at a mixed 20mpg, but over the first 3k miles improved to 25mpg. I attribute the slightly lower mileage to my heavy foot and the car's speed inspiring exhaust notes. An ECU chip brings this engine to max performance with 240+hp & 275+torque, a true monster!

I don't think this car should be sold without the Open Sky sunroofs, absolute gold. Pristine interior, excellent handling, great design.

Increase factory performance of engine and post a more realistic gas mileage rating.

My best car ever
By Edwin

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive specially on my everyday route going to work, it's a long very winding road. Great performance for a small car. It looks very deceiving because it's a small car anf a station wagon look. But man.... they are wrong to pick this car for a race. This car has a lot of power on it.

Open sky and sport seats.

Head Lights and mp3 hook ups.

2 Thumbs up from a car guy
By ken43319

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am an automotive engineer with a large transplant company from Japan...this was my 1st German car. I am very impressed! Interior/exterior fit/finish is Japanese quality, material quality is tops, handling is extremely good (I got the sport suspension-a little harsh, excuse me, good road input, but that's the way car guys like it!), acceleration is a blast! On 2 lane back roads, down shift, tag the gas and you're by grandma and the semi in a wink of the eye! No turbo lag and terrific fuel economy. Who could ask for anything more? Well, my guests said they could use more rear seat leg room-I think I'll leave them at home next time. This is not your wife's soccer wagon!

Awesome acceleration, crisp handling all with 30mpg HWY. The seats seem hard at first but are xtremely comfortable over the long haul. And yes, you want the leather trim package.

I actually had to break out the owners manual to figure out how to work the HVAC controls. They really don't have to be that complicated! And put the *&^#% fuel door on the left hand side of the vehicle where it belongs! I detected a little wind noise at windshield by A-pillar.

Probably the World's Best Luxury Hatch
By NeverFollow

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the A3 as a "spare" car alongside an S4 Cabriolet, and couldn't be happier. I suddenly find myself letting the wife drive the convertible so I can get a zippy little hatch for the city! Gorgeous inside and out, responsive, mileage almost as good as my son's Civic coupe, great handling, that transmission.

DSG Open Sky Stereo Non S-Line Body Kit (was at the dealer) Rarity Unassuming Performance

Nothing in particular