1995 Audi 90 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Audi 90 Quattro
By Matt S.

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The Audi 90 Quattro is a pleasure to drive. I drive a combination of interstate (about 26 miles) and city driving (about 4 miles) daily. The high quality interior is very comfortable. Fuel economy stays right around 23 mpg. Many people mistake the car to be much newer than it is. As far as problems, my fuel pump went out at around 95,000 miles. I fixed it myself for about $200 (pump and filter). Highs: Quattro models are unbeatable in the wet/snow. Quality, comfort, safety, handling. Lows: Parts availability, Audi dealerships don't really seem to care about their used car owners (except the parts department) My verdict: Quality ride that inspires confidence no matter the conditions.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the Quattro AWD, beautiful paint, a very comfortable interior, headlights made of glass that will NEVER haze up like plastic ones, and the rear fog light.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk lid wire harness is problematic. Go to a quality car-audio shop to repair the harness.

My Audi
By Dave Lewis

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is fun to drive. It has a lot of power and extraordinary handling ability. The interior is very high end-especially the heated leather seats.

Favorite Features

Heated seats Leather interior 5-speed transmission

great ride
By ranapoona

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I live in upper middwest & quattro has never let me down despite lack of judgement when selecting unplowed routes to work. replaced one front ball joint ($200) one heater vent servo, and routine stuff (brake pads & oil). good cargo (40/60 fold down seat) for its size (big trip to IKEA) overall excellent value, still sporty with excellent all conditions handaling and more safety features than other cars its age.

Favorite Features

moon roof, quatro, 5 speed all analog guages (oil temp & pressure!)

Suggested Improvements

as every one else, more low end torque for in town, Hi-way hi speed excellent

Greatest little Champion
By RicoAudi90

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

After 100k all mine needs is a tune up and a front strut replaced, good on gas and retains individual looks

Favorite Features

I like the seats (better than most and resemble the S4 recarro),

Suggested Improvements

Wish there was a way to put a turbo on it.

Solid Performer
By gerafe

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 6th Audi & second quattro. Apart from a minor rear-end collision (the other guy's fault), a tire with a separated belt, and routine maintenance, this Audi has spent no time "in the shop". The pearl white exterior still looks great; people who don't know Audi think it's new. We're looking forward to our next Audi !

Favorite Features

Quattro, heated seats, great A/C, sun roof, 5 speed manual

Suggested Improvements

We miss the in-line 5 cylinder engine from our previous 5000S & 80Q.

My second Audi 90
By WolfH

1995 Audi 90 4dr Sedan

Had a 1991 90S for over 4 years, over 325,000Km (202K Mi)and my daughter is still driving it. This 1995 90S is way better, the V6 idles smoothly, and has ample power for a car this size. The interior is immaculate, everythings is still working, and after 4 Audis, this is the best one. Hopefully I'll be able to buy an S4 in the future.

Favorite Features

172Hp and the 184lb/ft torque allows this car to pull from 1,200 rpm. I'm getting great mileage, on a recent trip thru PA, WV, Tennessee, then N to Detroit, I averaged 38Mpg(Canadian), this is about 30-31 per Amer. gallon.

Suggested Improvements

It's a great car, except both my outside mirrors, electically heated, show discoloration on the back of the mirror, starting from the bottom.

Best of the best
By jsmarcus

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The best Audi ever built. Period.

Favorite Features

Great comfort, great value.

Suggested Improvements

More HP!

Great to drive as long as it runs.
By Dudley

1995 Audi 90 Sport 4dr Sedan

My wife and I got the 90S as our first nice car and it's been in the shop every two months. Every time that it goes in for repairs it is at least $600. In the 15 months that we have owned it the repair costs add up to the same amount we have paid off on the loan. We are selling this car to get a more reliable, less expensive to repair car or truck. This is the second and last over engineered German car that I will ever buy. I love how it drives but money talks.

Favorite Features

Driving is amazing expecially for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

More stable engineering that is less problematic. Get back to basics and make it reliable.

Bargain Bin A4
By Jones

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I traded DOWN from a '96 A4 a few years ago when a second baby made me unconfortable with the high payments. I saved a lot of money and got essentially the same car. Not quite as sexy on the outside but a solid, well- performing german sports sedan. Clean, crips lines like a well-tailored gray flannel suit. Fast, if not quick. Unimpeachable 5-speed transmission, smooth clutch. Very reliable except for some minor electrical issues. Comfortable, if a little cramped for most Americans. Tenacious grip in all conditions.

Favorite Features

Quattro AWD. Heated seats and ski sack for winter fun.

Suggested Improvements

More torque. Better gas mileage.

Bargain Bin A4
By jones

1995 Audi 90 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Favorite Features

Quattro AWD. Heated seats and ski sack for winter fun.

Suggested Improvements

More torque. Better gas mileage.