1990 Audi 90 Consumer Review: breaking 200k...

1990 Audi 90 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.3L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

breaking 200k...
By Jonathan Joye on

1990 Audi 90 4dr Sedan

I bought this car my junior year in High School for $2800. I recently finished my soph year in college and it's still going, with 199,500 miles right now. Very comfortable car, even with cloth seats, although the sunroof can cramp headroom a bit for 6-footers (and when autocrossing my helmet rubs the ceiling). Ride is nice and smooth, and very stable at higher speeds. Handling is decent, but it's still a family sedan :) Trunk space is decent, as is rear seat room. Has been rock- solid reliability-wise for me (especially considering the mileage), even with rather often home-to-college- and-back drives.

Mechanical reliability (soon will have 200,000 miles on original engine, tranny, etc), great brakes, German highway manners.

Wanted a quattro, but couldn't find one :( Electrical systems can be finicky on these cars (mine hasn't really had any, but they happen on this particular generation). And as usual... MORE POWER! (engineer geeks always need more power and more grip...)