1991 Audi 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:
Amazing!
By jeremy_87 on 09/23/12 23:38 PM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Ive owned this Wagon for 2 years now and wow! its the best car I've ever owned. Lots of power, fun to drive and turns on a time. it has a better tuning radius than my 94' Honda civic! It doesn't get the best millage 20city 28highway but its such a nice car i don't care. I could go on for hours about this car and how amazing it is but i think you get the picture. I love this car and will own it tell the day i die!

1991 Audi 200
By ucf2012 on 08/04/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is a great car to drive! The 5 cylinder turbo has enough power to get you up to 60 in around 6 or 7 seconds each and every time you put it to he test. The ride quality is spectacular! If I could have rated it higher than a 10, I would have. This is one of the best cars I've ever driven, let alone actually owned.

I always look at buying a second
By Egh on 09/22/08 21:47 PM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Sleeper. It looks like a car mom would drive and she could, but she might not have her foot where it loves to be- on the floor. Load this car up with people and this is where this car just pulls. Strong runner loves 80 - 100. It handles very well, smooth ride, outstanding leather quailty - some say as thick as Elephant hide. It is a rare beast and I love the lack of badges on the car. If you buy one find your local Audi tuner and make friends. Parts can be hard to find and expensive, but check the salvage yards especially on the west coast.

THE BEST
By sonkota on 09/06/05 09:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

This has to be the best car ever made. I have 368,000 miles on this car and the transmission runs as tight as the day it was pulled off a lot. What a car! I Love It!

Timeless Beauty with awesome performance
By Curt Schmidt on 07/03/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

In my view it's the most beautiful car ever built. It has unique features implying character, unlike most new cars appearing to be streamline look-alikes. The Quattro traction makes new electronic devices (susceptible to faults), more or less redundant. The bodywork is made to last forever as well as the 2.2 L Turbo engine. The performance of the car with a quality performance chip (260 hp) is unbelievable and will outdo almost any other new car - you should feel the 306 ft/lds(!) of torque push you back into your seat. On the German Autobahn I easily reached speeds beyond 170 mph on the speedometer - keep in mind, my car is almost 16 years old - is that quality engeneering or what?!

A Great old car!
By Chi on 04/12/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

This has been a wonderful car. Basically reliable but the hydraulics and electrics can be a nightmare. Maintenance can be expensive if you aren't willing to get your hands dirty. Bought with 80k miles currently at 160k miles. I prefer this over most of the newer Audis. With low build numbers (150:wagon, ~1100: sedan), a well cared for specimen could be hard to find.

I Love this car!
By sailmaven on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Audi 200 Turbo 4dr Sedan

After my lease was up on my 98 A4Q I went looking for the 200. I had a 98 5000Turbo that was great so I wanted that car with the newer interior. I ended up buying one and traviling 500 miles to get it. This car is a blast to drive. Tight steering and strong acceleration. It gives you the impression that you are driving in a vault. My father has an A6 4.2, my sister has an A62.7T, and my mother has an A6 2.8. They got their Audi's on my recommendation because I loved the 5000Turbo so much. I will still take the 200 over any of the new ones

Very smooth and fast car
By marknewtonjohn on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Audi 200 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my second turbo, to replace a 1985 5000S turbo. This has a more powerful engine, and an improved dash with useful gauges such as voltage, oil pressure, and oil temperature. I just purchased the car this week (May 2003) and the car is very smooth up to the 90 mph that I took it on the freeway. There are a few minor details, such as some switches, and a sunroof to be adjusted, but all major systems work fine. Typical for any older Audi, the main mechanicals are great, my 5000S having over 300,000 miles, it's going to be the accessories over time, that will go. For a car with 153,000 miles, it is superb.

'91 20-Valve 200 Wagon
By Richard E. Langer on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Costing $45K new, only about 150 of this engine, drivetrain and body style were sold. Twelve years later, it's still great looking inside and out and a joy to drive. Generally very reliable, but when things go bad, they can be pricey. You can almost set your watch by what will go wrong and when. Several websites are helpful. If you can find one, buy it.

Beautiful car
By C.Rymer on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is one of the most luxurious, and reliably fast cars I've ever seen. It has the potential for more speed than you could ever need, and it is a perfect example of everything a daily driver luxury sports car could be.