Used 1994 Audi 100 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 100 model:

Audi 100cs Avant
By jpcanuck

1994 Audi 100 Wagon CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Of the 9 European cars Iíve owned, the í94 Audi 100cs Avant wagon is by far my favourite. I paid $7,500CAD in September 2003 with 198,000 km (118K miles), from my local independent Audi/VW garage. Since then, Iíve clocked 80,000 km of relatively trouble free miles with the exception of front end suspension work, thermostat replacement and brake work ($1900CAD), all common repairs for any high mileage used car. As typical of late Audis, the body and paint are solid showing only superficial rust - not bad for a car thatís seen 14 years of winter road salt. As for performance, itís no rocket off the mark, yet at highway speeds of 160 km, itís like driving on glass - yeah it's all about the Quattro!

Favorite Features

Quattro, the best handling car save rear drive BMW M5. For this reason my teeenage sons would rather drive the Audi instead of their mom's Saab 9-5 Aero. Bose audio system is awesome, it's set up perfectly to the wagon and let's not forget Audi's fit and finish: it's second to none.

Suggested Improvements

Manual tranny for the A6, although the newer Audi bi-turbo Allroad does offer a 6 speed.

how to ruin a good thing
By J.Moore

1994 Audi 100 Wagon S 4dr Wagon

Drives like sports sedan. Just so expensive to maintain, repairs are redundant and not anyone can work on them. Forget oil changes at Jiffy Lube or any quick change shop, they don't even have the proper tool to remove cap on oil pan. Love driving it, but can't afford the maintenance prices and constant shop visits that require extended time and return visits to get it right. Ignition & cooling systems are the major culprits. I will still take a chance on the new Audis when I get a chance-maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but the drive and handling are so terrific, try one.

Favorite Features

The suspension, steering,interior space and layout are nice. Exterior design is subtle, but exudes an aggressiveness that newer wagons emulate now. It is definitely a driver's car. Instrument panel has all that you need to know to keep track of equipment performance status. Lots of room despite its looks.

Suggested Improvements

Improve ignition & starter assembly reliability. A more robust cooling system-water pump & thermostat. If cost of parts can't be lowered use parts that are more reliable and longer lasting. A beautiful driving experience is ruined by the cost of staying road worthy. Hoping the A4 & A6 are better cars

to better winter driver
By wtmakp

1994 Audi 100 Wagon CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This is the best winter driving car I have ever driven. In icy conditions it handles so well you have to keep reminding yourself not to drive too fast. Things have had to be fixed and yes very expensive, i.e. water pump,fuel sensor,ignition switch,all oil head gaskets. No major mechanical. I've decided to sell this and had been looking for minivans,less expensive vehicles to replace this like something toyota, for 2 months-and what did I come up with--99 audi a6 wagon. The driving experience is just too tough to give up! So I'll try one more time to see how many things have to be fixed!

Favorite Features

quattro,interior,heaviness of car and the solid doors.

Suggested Improvements

make them somehow so they don't have the weakness of the water pumps,oil gaskets (which are both common things that go wrong with them)

94 Audi S Wagon
By taohk

1994 Audi 100 Wagon S 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car at May 2003 at a very good price. Because it is a wagon, and this car is not a quattro. The car was in good condition with dents. I replaced power steering pump right after purchase. It was the only problem. This is a 94 car, but it only had 74500miles. The car is solid. I never did any major serice since I had. Now it has 96500miles. It still goes strong. I replace new tires and break discs at May 2004. Front wheel drive is much cheaper to maintain. I am getting a turn-up next week. So far, I only spend about $1200 on the car include the new 80k tires and break discs.

Favorite Features

The ride is smooth. Engine power is fairly strong. It usually doesn't swith gear often even going up hills. The car has a lot of room. I use it as a U-hal to move stuff for friends. When back seats are lay flat, a love seat can fit in to the car.

Suggested Improvements

If Audi dealer parts and services can be more affordable. Replace 4 break discs and tran flush at Audi dealer would be $1500, but small shop will do it for less than half. If you need to service your audi, it is better to go to some honest small car service

Money Pit
By Yowza

1994 Audi 100 Wagon CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Took a chance on a high-mileage vehicle for winter-only use. Lost this bet big- time: I've driven it a total of 14,000 miles and it's been in the shop 21 times (no lie!) and so far I've spent $5,400 on repairs and there are still 3 nagging problems that can't seem to be solved. Every repair takes three or more attempts before it's finished (oil pressure warning light problem has taken 7 visits so far, and we're not done yet).

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride quality, bells & whistles (when they work, that is).

Suggested Improvements

Design a car with parts that will last more than 20 or 30 thousand miles. This car is incredibly complex to fix. If you want reliability, stay away!