1994 Audi 100 2.8L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1994 Audi 100 - Consumer Reviews

1994 Audi 100 CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

CS quattro Wagon (2.8L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific 100 model:
Audi 100cs Avant
By jpcanuck on 07/09/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Audi 100 CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Of the 9 European cars Iíve owned, the í94 Audi 100cs Avant wagon is by far my favourite. I paid $7,500CAD in September 2003 with 198,000 km (118K miles), from my local independent Audi/VW garage. Since then, Iíve clocked 80,000 km of relatively trouble free miles with the exception of front end suspension work, thermostat replacement and brake work ($1900CAD), all common repairs for any high mileage used car. As typical of late Audis, the body and paint are solid showing only superficial rust - not bad for a car thatís seen 14 years of winter road salt. As for performance, itís no rocket off the mark, yet at highway speeds of 160 km, itís like driving on glass - yeah it's all about the Quattro!

to better winter driver
By wtmakp on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Audi 100 CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This is the best winter driving car I have ever driven. In icy conditions it handles so well you have to keep reminding yourself not to drive too fast. Things have had to be fixed and yes very expensive, i.e. water pump,fuel sensor,ignition switch,all oil head gaskets. No major mechanical. I've decided to sell this and had been looking for minivans,less expensive vehicles to replace this like something toyota, for 2 months-and what did I come up with--99 audi a6 wagon. The driving experience is just too tough to give up! So I'll try one more time to see how many things have to be fixed!

Money Pit
By Yowza on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Audi 100 CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Took a chance on a high-mileage vehicle for winter-only use. Lost this bet big- time: I've driven it a total of 14,000 miles and it's been in the shop 21 times (no lie!) and so far I've spent $5,400 on repairs and there are still 3 nagging problems that can't seem to be solved. Every repair takes three or more attempts before it's finished (oil pressure warning light problem has taken 7 visits so far, and we're not done yet).

The German Luxowagon
By Terence L. Smith on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Audi 100 CS quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

My 1994 Audi 100CS Quatto Avante Likes: Everything! Superb styling inside/out. Materials used are second to none; after 172000 miles, you would be hard put to tell mine from new. Handling is excellent, I leave cars in the dust on twisty roads. It's a car you fall in love with instantly; no more Detroit junk for me! Dis-likes (mild): Gas mileage sucks. 17 in city, 20 city & highway combo, 22 highway. Weighs almost 2.5 tons & is therefore very solid and safe-feeling (like a tank!), but with only a 2.8 V- 6, mileage should be better. Power could be better, needs a turbo. Emergency brake should be stronger. Gas pedal & brake pedal are too close together.