1992 Audi 100 Consumer Review: Amazing for its age

1992 Audi 100 - Consumer Review

1992 Audi 100

S Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Amazing for its age
By ScarcasticLA on

1992 Audi 100 S 4dr Sedan

I bought this Audi, recently, with very low miles. It had been babied, but I must say, the vehicle has hardly aged. Design is not too dated & the interior quality is impeccable - definitely the most solid and well-crafted I have ever seen in a car over ten years old. I can echo other complaints - the coffee holder sounds petty, but, seriously, there's nowhere to even jimmy-rig one. The car is sluggish off the line and does shift a bit rough at times - surprising considering its a V6. But those are my few complaints. Gas mileage is great for the size (20mpg avg, city/highway), and the ride is soft without sacrificing crisp responsiveness. Parts, however, are hard to come by and pricey.

The blaupunkt speakers with built in amps are killer, but, the best part about this car is the reliability rating and the fact I can drive a luxury vehicle for so little cash.

Parts availabilty and HP. You don't see many of these on the road, and I guess that's why parts are hard to come by. 80's and 90's of the same year are junk, so I think the 100's are becoming more sought after.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review