Used 1992 Audi 100 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Audi 100 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 100 model:

This is the best car I have ever owned and it's 19 years old.
By jasonheartaudi

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

really cant say enough about this car, it looks like it could be a 2000 or later model car, still. totally unstoppable in the snow, 5 spd trans smooth as silk. Everything still works after almost 20 years and 140k, the oil pressure gauge is testy but it's no real mechanical concern as far as I know. I'm keeping this car till it's dead. we're having a blizzard here in ny im going back out to drive around :)

heated seats lockable diff

I couldnt think of anything really,

gas pedal stuck in high speed 1 time
By herb

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS 4dr Sedan

Dependable car miles wise - but one incidence of having the gas pedal stuck in a very high speed while putting it in park, slamming on the breaks and finally turning off the engine was the only way to stop the fast acceleration that this car went into- It happened in a parking lot and luckily only hitting the car in front with minor damage- So frightening to go through everyone looked at me while it was happening and I got out of the car and said it was the car not me! My car repair man said it was a cross between the cruse control wires but not really sure. I only drove the car 1 time after- didn't trust it again.

Yikes, what have I done?
By Elshi

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I was without a car for 15 months, because a lady with no insurance totalled my Buick. A neighbor had this beautiful little Audi that they sold to me for $3500. It has had electrical problems. Now it is sitting in a parking lot 30 miles away with water hose problems. We are not talking cheap repairs, for someone to even look at it, costs more than the complete repair of a different brand. If you have the money and the patience I think it would be a "fun" car. For a widow it is not the ideal car.

Exterior, real pretty little car. Interior comfortable and servicable. Sun roof, very dependable with flip up. Great gas mileage

Better power at entering freeway, cheaper repair costs

Amazing for its age
By ScarcasticLA

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this Audi, recently, with very low miles. It had been babied, but I must say, the vehicle has hardly aged. Design is not too dated & the interior quality is impeccable - definitely the most solid and well-crafted I have ever seen in a car over ten years old. I can echo other complaints - the coffee holder sounds petty, but, seriously, there's nowhere to even jimmy-rig one. The car is sluggish off the line and does shift a bit rough at times - surprising considering its a V6. But those are my few complaints. Gas mileage is great for the size (20mpg avg, city/highway), and the ride is soft without sacrificing crisp responsiveness. Parts, however, are hard to come by and pricey.

The blaupunkt speakers with built in amps are killer, but, the best part about this car is the reliability rating and the fact I can drive a luxury vehicle for so little cash.

Parts availabilty and HP. You don't see many of these on the road, and I guess that's why parts are hard to come by. 80's and 90's of the same year are junk, so I think the 100's are becoming more sought after.

Best sedan in 1992
By kajajessica

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Best used car I have ever owned. Fast, reliable, handles excellent, comfortable, good gas mileage. In the seven years of owning this car the only thing that went wrong was the passenger power seat control, other than that is oil changes and gas with one major tune up.

v6 power and reliability