1992 Audi 100 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 100 model:
This is the best car I have ever owned and it's 19 years old.
By jasonheartaudi on 12/26/10 19:14 PM (PST)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

really cant say enough about this car, it looks like it could be a 2000 or later model car, still. totally unstoppable in the snow, 5 spd trans smooth as silk. Everything still works after almost 20 years and 140k, the oil pressure gauge is testy but it's no real mechanical concern as far as I know. I'm keeping this car till it's dead. we're having a blizzard here in ny im going back out to drive around :)

gas pedal stuck in high speed 1 time
By herb on 04/27/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS 4dr Sedan

Dependable car miles wise - but one incidence of having the gas pedal stuck in a very high speed while putting it in park, slamming on the breaks and finally turning off the engine was the only way to stop the fast acceleration that this car went into- It happened in a parking lot and luckily only hitting the car in front with minor damage- So frightening to go through everyone looked at me while it was happening and I got out of the car and said it was the car not me! My car repair man said it was a cross between the cruse control wires but not really sure. I only drove the car 1 time after- didn't trust it again.

Yikes, what have I done?
By Elshi on 10/25/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I was without a car for 15 months, because a lady with no insurance totalled my Buick. A neighbor had this beautiful little Audi that they sold to me for $3500. It has had electrical problems. Now it is sitting in a parking lot 30 miles away with water hose problems. We are not talking cheap repairs, for someone to even look at it, costs more than the complete repair of a different brand. If you have the money and the patience I think it would be a "fun" car. For a widow it is not the ideal car.

Amazing for its age
By ScarcasticLA on 01/10/06 02:43 AM (PST)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this Audi, recently, with very low miles. It had been babied, but I must say, the vehicle has hardly aged. Design is not too dated & the interior quality is impeccable - definitely the most solid and well-crafted I have ever seen in a car over ten years old. I can echo other complaints - the coffee holder sounds petty, but, seriously, there's nowhere to even jimmy-rig one. The car is sluggish off the line and does shift a bit rough at times - surprising considering its a V6. But those are my few complaints. Gas mileage is great for the size (20mpg avg, city/highway), and the ride is soft without sacrificing crisp responsiveness. Parts, however, are hard to come by and pricey.

Best sedan in 1992
By kajajessica on 01/07/06 01:12 AM (PST)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Best used car I have ever owned. Fast, reliable, handles excellent, comfortable, good gas mileage. In the seven years of owning this car the only thing that went wrong was the passenger power seat control, other than that is oil changes and gas with one major tune up.

good and dependable
By milan999 on 11/04/05 17:01 PM (PST)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Solid, fast, very comfortable, good handling, high speed performance truly great - goes like a high speed bullet train on a rail, almost nonexistent noise or vibration at 125-130 mph - still at 170,000 miles. I would say the car needed the most maintenance between 50,000-100,000, after that fairly low maintenance.

100 CS Quattro
By audiquattro on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Audi builds great cars and the 100 CS Quattro is one of them. With regular service, this is a 300,000 mile car. Performance is excellent with the 5- speed manual transmission considering the weight of the car (around 3,700lbs) and the engine size (2.8L).

Not too flashy , but very good, Audi 100
By J. Wittig on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been very solid; the fit and finish is excellent. After ten years, there are no rattles or rust or worn seats. It is extremely comfortable on long trips and always feels secure even at high speeds. I'll keep this one as long as it lasts, which I suspect will be at least another 75000 miles.

Great car!
By Billofer on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS 4dr Sedan

I've been driving the audi for about 3 years now and I love it. At almost eleven years old, it still can fly. It handles like a champ and the leather interior make it a completely comfortable ride all the time. The trunk is big which is good because I can fit my hockey gear in it with out having to throw it in the back seat. I love it.

Excellent, but bring money.
By Bill in Richmond on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Audi 100 Sedan CS 4dr Sedan

Car suffers from two AUDI chronic problems [Hydraulic hoses and pressure accumulator]. Had the same parts fail on my last Audi. These parts cost a fortune! I wanted a manual trans, and very few good alternatives exist in this class. It is an excellent driving car.