Used 1991 Audi 100 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Audi 100 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 100 model:

Simply a well build motor vehicle
By Ron Davis

1991 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 75,000 miles on it about 12 years ago. I drove it for about 20,000 miles and started to have issues with many things. Brakes, power steering pump (that also powers the brakes! This must work!), radiator, air conditioning, door locks, muffler, catalytic, you name it. I decided to replace them all as they failed. I spent a bit, but the car now has over 240,000 miles and is running like a top. It's on the 4th power steering pump. These seem to be an issue with some of these 100's. The headliner is falling down and I had to glue it back up. The AC does NOT like 134 and you have to run 12a or REDTEK out of Canada. All in all, it's simply a very well built car. I love it!

Fun and comfortable to drive, Decent gas mileage, Elegant and refined interior, A GREAT cruising car!

Automatic transmission always slams into gears. A known issue. Quirky electrical problems are maddening. Prefer a regular vacuum braking system instead of the power steering system powering the brakes.

GOOD
By RICCO

1991 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS VERY GOOD ON GAS AND ISVERY RELIABLE,I'VE ONLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY FUEL PUMP AND SOME ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.WITH THE MILES YOU WOULD THINK THAT THIS CAR WOULDN'T DRIVE GOOD BUT I TAKE THIS CAR UP TO BALTIMORE FROM NORTH CAROLINA TWICE A MONTH AND IT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!.ON A FULL TANK OF GAS I CAN GET THERE AND RIDE FOR ABOUT 200 MORE MILES IN BALTIMORE BEFORE REFUELING WHOAAAA!!!!!!

THEY COULD RECALL THE FUEL PUMP AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM BUT OTHER THAT IT'S FINE

1991 Audi 100 Works for Me
By Joe Audi Owner

1991 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Owned 5+ years. Purchased used at 122,000 miles, now 200,000. My 2nd Audi. I do all of my own work on the car. Love the car. Extremely reliable and a pleasure to drive while serving as a workhorse commuter car. Never garaged and sits outside in all 4 seasons. Interior remains tight and dry and still smells faintly new. Body and finish are near perfect - no rust/corrosion anywhere (galvanized body). All seals perfect. Original starter, alternator, radiator, heater core, etc. Only changed oil, brakes, tires, filters, belts, light bulbs. Never leaked any fluids and continues to start every time and run rock smooth and reliably. About 21 MPG city/hwy mix.

Driveability and reliability are simply excellent. It is quiet, smooth, comfortable with zero driver fatigue. Very roomy, attractive interior. Heated door locks, squirter nozzles, seats, mirrors.

Wish it had remote keyless entry. My wife wishes it had more power. (The 200, which is a turbo, has lots of power but I have found it not to be as reliable.) I find the torque and acceleration very reasonable, but not particularly quick.

Best Car I have Ever Bought
By blue2290

1991 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

For such an old car, I have had to do relatively little to fix it. The interior is gorgeous, a luxury car for a small budget. I have had a few electrical glitches, which are common in this model. Overall I would buy 2 if I could, but the other one would be a Quattro.

Interior styling, roomy, highway cruising.

A cupholder and a convertible.