Used 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V8 Vantage model:

A sports car you can use everyday!
By kpetree

2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Convertible Roadster 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl 7AM)

I have owned this car for about 3 months and have put about 5600 miles on it already! I absolutely love driving it! Putting the top down and listening to the exhaust is pure bliss. Who needs a radio when you have this 4.7L V8 symphony? It's extremely comfortable, I've driven it hundreds of miles on day trips and never felt tired. The trunk space isn't much but it's plenty to fit my golf bag, shoes and backpack at the same time so it's good enough for me. The only real complaint I have about the car is the transmission. In auto mode and in normal driving it's slow and jerky but in sport with the throttle down it's much better.

The power from the V8 is delivered very smoothly, and going 80-90MPH feels like 50MPH. The exhaust is unbelievable, it's not loud and annoying, it's very refined. Also all Aston Martins come with a free lifetime subscription to SiriusXM so it's nice you don't have to pay for that.

When the sun is out and the top is down there is major glare off the radio display and gauges making them almost impossible to read. Also as I mentioned before about the transmission being slow and jerky when driving normally or in town.