Used 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Classy
By Shawn

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl 6AM)

I completed a long (18 month) but fun process of driving all exotics out there except for Bentley, and at the end the Vantage was the clear winner. The key in my mind is that the Aston is pure motoring bliss. It looks, feels, and sounds other-worldly, and is completely classy. Also, I've been surprised by how much other motorists and peds love the car. Constant thumbs-up signs, digital photos.

Favorite Features

The entire package is a beautiful class act unlike any other car out there. Unlike Porsche, there truly is no substitute. It also helps that there are so few on the road. Many who see it don't even know what it is, or if they do it's "the James Bond car". Also, the 700W Alpine stereo is great.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality; include maintenance as no-charge during warranty period (like BMW); NAV system for '09 was improved, but my $200 Garmin is still superior. Sportshift always prevents upshift when the steering wheel is turned. This is not always desirable; should be manually switchable.

Dream Wheels
By A M Dude

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl 6AM)

Having been the owner of many fine cars (Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar) I always suspected that if, and when, I purchased an Aston Martin my heart would be lost forever. How right I was!!! While the Aston Martin Vantage 8 may not be the perfect car, you'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. In my opinion the workmanship, performance, and curb appeal of this beast would stand up to any other make or model. The drop jaw good looks and driving experience makes this an investment worth every penny spent! I recently showed it at a regional car show and even with more exotic models of Porches, Ferraris (sp), and others my Vantage drew the majority of the raves. Do yourself a favor: buy one!

Favorite Features

Handling (runs and corners as if on rails), fit and finish. The exotic, yet classic good looks. More than enough power and "horses" for most of us "weekend GT drivers".

Suggested Improvements

Will have to have a major amount of time to think of any...........

Not for the faint
By Booboo

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl 6AM)

This is my 2nd Aston which I purchased new and some things never change. The Aston is a high performance car for sure with a reliable and truly excellent engine the rest does not live up. The road holding is OK and no problem on regular highway driving, but the suspension is an issue because there is no "ABC" feature that inspires confidence, so in fast and tight corners, an average driver will have to deal with a nervous car and will be more shaken than stirred. It is an unsophisticated car with a washboard ride, but I buy one again!

Favorite Features

The best looking car on the road today. Nothing comes close. Awesome engine and performance envelope. Fast! Excellent brakes (for a change). Excellent paddle shift and gear mapping, almost identical to my Ferrari Modena. The car has incredible hi-fi but the mufflers sound better. Unbelievable growl.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability! Astons are expensive not because they are better but because they are inefficiently built. Quality is a problem. Paint is cheap and paper thin, seats are OK if you are a female size 4.

Broke the first day.
By gvan54

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl 6AM)

This beauty stranded me the first day I had it. The clutch went out on it and it had to be picked up by a flatbed. Dealer needs it for 10 days, the part has to be ordered from the U.K. How do you ever trust a car again after it strands you. I will sell it as soon as I get it back. In addition, the leather above the speedo / tach is coming off, you could actually see the staples that hold it down on the underside. This is a luxury car??!! Stick with the BMW's and Lexus's of the world, at least they are delivered in one piece and don't strand you on the side of a highway.

Favorite Features

looks, power, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Reliability.

Not perfect, but the best car ever!
By Brian

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl 6AM)

This car has plenty of flaws such as really outdated electronics (GPS, radio, etc.) and horrible ergonomics (tiny buttons in bad locations, etc.). But none of that matters because when you drive this car you feel like the king of the road. Sure, there are faster cars and more technologically advanced cars, but nothing gets attention like an Aston Martin, and it's attention with class. It's not flashy like a Lambo or Lotus - it's all class, and the sound it makes is astounding! The sound coming out of the exhaust is worth the cost of the car entirely!

Favorite Features

The sound it makes, the beauty of the thing, and the incredible fun of driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics that come from this decade instead of the 90's. A hardtop convertible would be better than the ragtop.