Used 2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe

View reviews for a specific V8 Vantage model:

Constant Transmission Problems
By Ken Jaggers

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I loved the car for its curb and higway appeal. But both the manual and automatic transmissions were simply not reliable. I first had a 2007 standard transmission Vantage Coupe that stalled on a freeway or highway five times. After being frightened out of my mind, I was able to get the car to limp back to the dealer. It was a lemon, so Aston Martin replaced the car with a 2008 Vantage that was equipped with an Automatic Transmission. That transmission was always rough at the start of the day, with the vehicle shuddering at each stop. The dealer never recognized the problem and said I did not know how to drive the car. At considerable expense, I paid off the lease early and got rid of the car

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Work on the transmission

Expensive, but worth it fun and class!
By K1

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

The AMV8 may not be the class leader in terms of straight-line performance, but it the leader of its class in terms of overall performance, sheer driving enjoyment and ťlan. The car is a perfect combination of beautifully styled aluminum, state-of-the-art technology and enough HP to raise your blood pressure more than enough for everyday driving. It is a joy to drive as it is a highly responsive and compliant sports car. You will pay a premium to get into an Aston. But, hey, once you go past a four-banger econo-box itís all a matter of personal preference, isnít it? The bottom line is that this is an adult sports car that youíll enjoy driving day after day.

Favorite Features

This car handles like it's on rails, the audio and navigation systems are a dream and the sound of the exhaust by- pass valve opening up above 4,000 RPM makes my wife and me smile every time it opens up. I love the feel of the car, but I had a few rattles so Aston needs to work on fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Aston is still learning to build cars for the US market. The increased HP for '09 models is nice, but the foot well is still a little tight for us 6 footers, some of the ergonomics like the manual tilt steering wheel and the seats should be redesigned.