I Love my Vantage
By Dave_Car_Guy on
2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)
I took delivery of my Vantage in December 2006 and have put 7000 miles on the car so far (as of June 2007). I absolutely love the ride, the quality, and the beauty of the car. I have owned Porsches, BMWs, and a Ferrari, so my expectations for the Aston were high. I can say that the car has met and exceeded those expectations. The biggest surprise has been the handling, which is better than I hoped. Although not as tight as the Carrera, it is extremely easy to drive the car on winding roads with lots of confidence. I have not driven the car on the track as I did the Porsche, so I can't compare hard-driving experience, but that isn't what I bought the Aston for.
Favorite Features
"Power, Beauty, Soul"... that's what the dash lights read upon starting the car up and I think that says it all about my favorite features. Mainly the beauty and soul part... it has a special character that makes every ride a fun experience. Braking is excellent, sound is great, lines are gorgeous.
Suggested Improvements
While the car is very fast by most accounts, it could use a few more horsepower. The car doesn't snap forward when punched like my Carrera, but rolls on through the powerband. By the clock times, it is faster than the ride feels. The gas cap has been an annoying issue (replaced twice by dealer).