Used 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Aston-martin V8-vantage - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Manual - (15 reviews )

Exclusive!!!
By Vasi

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I am another Porsche guy that switched to Aston. The last 10 years I had 5 different Porsches including the latest 997 C2S. Exclusivity is the key. Porsches are extremely common and Astons are so special. I know there is a lot of talk about reliability issues but the moment you hear the engine sound above 4000 rpm you forget about all the bad things and you get big satisfaction without even the need to go fast. A very cool car, no doubt!

Favorite Features

Start engine button, handling (same like my 996 C4S), front lights (extremely cool!), hi-fi sound system (better than all the Porsche Bose systems), exterior design, engine/exhaust sound!!!

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power would be nice but it is pretty comparable to the Porsche 911s as it is right now. The only complaint I have is a small design issue with the back trunk where water will leak into the car if you open the trunk after a rain or wash of the car.

Excellent - Best Sports Car I Have Owned
By GK

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a Porsche and numerous BMWs. For me, this is the treasured prize. The quality of the interior and refinement of the exterior combined with the reliability I have experienced to date make this the finest auto I have ever owned. One article described it best - it is 95% of the performance and 200% of the "WOW" factor of the Porsche Carrera. The cornering and straight acceleration are a notch inferior to the Porsche, but the pride of ownership and fit and finish ar far superior than anything else. Try it... you'll like it.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior looks and lines. The premium sound system is outstanding for a car of this size. Absoultely phenomenal interior finish quality - among the best in the world.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth microphone needs to be moved. Can hear people perfectly, but others have a hard time hearing me. Could be a little faster off the line and just a little tighter in the corners.

Wonderful car
By Aston Martin Vantage

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned several different model Porsches, but none compare in looks, attention, and driving pleasure and ability than my 2007 AM Vantage. This car is quality and stunning in every way. It exudes the fact that it is hand built from bumper to bumper. The low growl when pressing the start button, and even much more so when reaching 4000 rpm, is exciting. Some say the 380 horse power engine is not enough. They must be on drugs because for a non-racer like me, it has plenty of responsiveness. The amount of positive attention and accolades you receive in driving this car is often downright embarrassing. I could write a book on overwhelming positive public reaction this car draws.

Love that V8 Vantage
By bob garvey

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have to say I love pushing the crystal ignition button, hearing the gutteral vroom that gets me on my way. I love the looks and drive of this vehicle. I previously drove a BMW 540i and I currently also own a Dodge Viper. Have had no major problems with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

This car is stunningly beautiful. Not as much raw power as the viper but I didn't expect it would be. It's a different car. It exudes class.

Suggested Improvements

I'm happy the way it is.

I Love my Vantage
By Dave_Car_Guy

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I took delivery of my Vantage in December 2006 and have put 7000 miles on the car so far (as of June 2007). I absolutely love the ride, the quality, and the beauty of the car. I have owned Porsches, BMWs, and a Ferrari, so my expectations for the Aston were high. I can say that the car has met and exceeded those expectations. The biggest surprise has been the handling, which is better than I hoped. Although not as tight as the Carrera, it is extremely easy to drive the car on winding roads with lots of confidence. I have not driven the car on the track as I did the Porsche, so I can't compare hard-driving experience, but that isn't what I bought the Aston for.

Favorite Features

"Power, Beauty, Soul"... that's what the dash lights read upon starting the car up and I think that says it all about my favorite features. Mainly the beauty and soul part... it has a special character that makes every ride a fun experience. Braking is excellent, sound is great, lines are gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

While the car is very fast by most accounts, it could use a few more horsepower. The car doesn't snap forward when punched like my Carrera, but rolls on through the powerband. By the clock times, it is faster than the ride feels. The gas cap has been an annoying issue (replaced twice by dealer).