2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Manual - (15 reviews )
Exclusive!!!
By Vasi on 10/30/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I am another Porsche guy that switched to Aston. The last 10 years I had 5 different Porsches including the latest 997 C2S. Exclusivity is the key. Porsches are extremely common and Astons are so special. I know there is a lot of talk about reliability issues but the moment you hear the engine sound above 4000 rpm you forget about all the bad things and you get big satisfaction without even the need to go fast. A very cool car, no doubt!

Excellent - Best Sports Car I Have Owned
By GK on 09/29/07 04:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a Porsche and numerous BMWs. For me, this is the treasured prize. The quality of the interior and refinement of the exterior combined with the reliability I have experienced to date make this the finest auto I have ever owned. One article described it best - it is 95% of the performance and 200% of the "WOW" factor of the Porsche Carrera. The cornering and straight acceleration are a notch inferior to the Porsche, but the pride of ownership and fit and finish ar far superior than anything else. Try it... you'll like it.

Wonderful car
By Aston Martin Vantage on 09/13/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned several different model Porsches, but none compare in looks, attention, and driving pleasure and ability than my 2007 AM Vantage. This car is quality and stunning in every way. It exudes the fact that it is hand built from bumper to bumper. The low growl when pressing the start button, and even much more so when reaching 4000 rpm, is exciting. Some say the 380 horse power engine is not enough. They must be on drugs because for a non-racer like me, it has plenty of responsiveness. The amount of positive attention and accolades you receive in driving this car is often downright embarrassing. I could write a book on overwhelming positive public reaction this car draws.

Love that V8 Vantage
By bob garvey on 08/14/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have to say I love pushing the crystal ignition button, hearing the gutteral vroom that gets me on my way. I love the looks and drive of this vehicle. I previously drove a BMW 540i and I currently also own a Dodge Viper. Have had no major problems with the vehicle.

I Love my Vantage
By Dave_Car_Guy on 06/18/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I took delivery of my Vantage in December 2006 and have put 7000 miles on the car so far (as of June 2007). I absolutely love the ride, the quality, and the beauty of the car. I have owned Porsches, BMWs, and a Ferrari, so my expectations for the Aston were high. I can say that the car has met and exceeded those expectations. The biggest surprise has been the handling, which is better than I hoped. Although not as tight as the Carrera, it is extremely easy to drive the car on winding roads with lots of confidence. I have not driven the car on the track as I did the Porsche, so I can't compare hard-driving experience, but that isn't what I bought the Aston for.

Beauty only skin deep
By MJW on 03/29/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

AM does not know how to make cars in large quantities and it shows with the V8. Failing gearboxes, lack of torque and smouldering clutches followed by lamentable excuses for the lack of quality from AM technical people were some of the resons why I got rid of the car after eight months. A porsche 911 S with a sports exhaust and the sport chrono option is not as pretty as the V8 but will go quicker, be reliable, make noise, retain its value and is cheaper. Watch AM V8 residual values drop as the quality issues come to light.The car is slow, that is why everyone says it needs more torque.The build quality is not what you would expect. Check warranty history if you are buying a used car.

A keeper
By tim s on 12/25/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

Have had Porsches, every thing from Boxster to TurboS, two 355 Ferraris and a Ferrari F430. This goes way past the Porsches and just under the 430.

Best Of All Worlds
By DEJ on 10/17/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

Have owned many sports cars, most recently a 2006 Porsche 911S. The AMV8 is in a completely different league. More beautiful, more exotic, more fun to drive, more comfortable, more luxurious. More of all the reasons to buy such a car.

WOW
By Bryan Fletcher on 09/06/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

Truly the most exciting car out there in its price range. Not seen everyday like its competitors. The craftsmanship is out of this world. Power, beauty, soul and if you buy one then you will know what I mean.

My AM V8 Vantage
By Sean J on 08/04/06 00:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I have been driving my Vantage since May. I have to say I like it but I'm not in love with it. I have been driving Porsches for past few years and I kind of miss driving them. I think this car could have been a bit wider and few inches longer. I think the front exterior is just gorgeous but the back is a bit like japanese cars. Starting price for this car should be $155,000 after improvements. 110K is cheap for this category of car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.