Used 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific DB9 model:

Prettiest Car on the Road
By meteoritedb9

2006 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

I bought my used '06 DB9 about 3 weeks ago with 1890 miles on it. Owning and AM has been a dream of mine & I'm thrilled that I decided to spring for one. I love this car! It is beautiful inside & out. The power is awesome and the experience of driving it is pure heaven. There's not a better looking car on the road.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks-the car is simply beautiful; superb power; excellent handling & feel & the smell of the leather is a treat. There's not a time that I drive my DB9 that it doesn't turn heads.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the rear seats-they're useless. I'd rather have the storage space. The instrumentation visibility could be improved & the Linn sound system isn't all it's cranked up to be. The dealer told me to expect to scrape the nose about 2x a week; it's very low & I too back into every space I park in.

Weekend Car
By Robb G

2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

My Aston Martin has been a great weekend car. I say this because it is usually in the shop with electrical problems during the week!

Favorite Features

Love the lines, the speed, and the paddle shifting.

Suggested Improvements

The car was not built with a wind screen, which should be standard. Also in warm weather conditions the leather shrinks and need to be replaced at least once a year!

The Finest Car I've Owned
By murrayr1

2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

I drive this car everyday and arrive at work and home with a smile on my face. The car is a joy to drive. It is refined, responsive and reliable. Any minor glitches have been quickly attended to by the dealer. I drive the car I love everyday.

Favorite Features

Beautiful inside and out, attention to detail, powerful drivetrain that is easy to manage in any situation.

Suggested Improvements

The front end is low enough that it takes getting used to, as one has to negotiate every driveway. I'd put a sensor or two in the front to warn of approaching parking curbs. I've also learned to back into every spot.

Superb long distance grand touring car
By Richard

2006 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

I was seeking a distinct and intensely pleasurable driving experience on my road test and wasn't disappointed. The car combines heft and agility with more performance than I need. Both the sound and smoothness of the engine are an experince to be savored and remembered. The fit and finish are exquisite (10+). The seats give great support. Most limitations relate to storage and are: small trunk space (luggage will be shipped), poor cup holder placement, a miniscule glove compartment. Poor local mile age (11.8 MPG)is also a compromise, but hwy milage is better than promised (21+). It's truly an uncommon beautiful car that makes a powerful and unique impression at any speed. It's worth the money!

Favorite Features

The ride, the handling and smoothness of the engine are awesome! It is an ecstatic experience! This is a real driver's car! You don't want to stop driving. The road test is the clincher. Take it at your peril! It grips the road, your heart & your wallet! If you can afford it, try it and you'll buy it.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the glove compartment and door storage, add storage pockets in the passenger footwell and improve the Nav Map!

007 Heaven
By sjg

2006 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

I have owned my meteor grey DB9 for 6 months and I find it to be an excellent automobile. It is fast, corners extremely well and is a real head turner. It may not be quite as fast as some super cars, but it is more comfortable and a joy to drive on long trips. Did I mention you also get a great deal of attention?

Favorite Features

Power, balance and beautiful lines. It is arguably the most attractive car on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the useless rear seats to save weight.