2005 Aston Martin DB9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DB9 model:
DB9 2005
By cliff on 09/05/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6M)

I have owned most high end cars from maserati gransports 911 turbo, m5, m3, m6, CLS63 AMG benz, and many others some twice and this is in another class by itself. At 150 mph you feel confident this could easily handle 200 mph! just not in the states!

Simple fun with refinement
By T. Patrick on 11/09/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

Great car! Fun to drive for a GT! If looking for sweet ride you can take anywhere, this is it. Comfortable and fun for long distant driving. Loves the road at high speed. Had no problems with car except for an occasional low tire warning and head-lights were replaced. They are automatic leveling and got stuck in down position. Replaced with no cost. Aston Martin Headquarters called to apologize personally for the inconvenience and gave me another Aston Martin until it was replaced. Interior is first rate with every convenience.

The DB9 volante is a 10
By antoniodelgad68 on 05/15/06 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6M)

I purchased this car with 1200 miles and it has been a joy, the power prestige and comfort are beyond reproach. If you want a quality super car, this is the one, you can't go wrong. TD

Understated Performance Car
By Chuck on 03/01/06 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

It's a head turner but fun to drive even at longer distances. Not as many on the road as the Ferrari. The convertible is a pleasure after having the DB7. I love the car.

Not one of the "crowd" anymore!
By sjc-dal on 07/09/05 22:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

I was driving an "03 SL500 Sport. I had ordered this silver beauty 1.5 years before they started arriving. Really a nice car, but in North Dallas, I passed 13 Sl's in 2.5 miles to work...and 8 were silver. So...Aston Martin as a little more "independent" make. I thought the beautiful but classic styling might blend in without causing the over-the-top hoopla of a Ferrari, or Lambo. WRONG. Everywhere I go it gets comments. I really rarely use the 900watt+ stereo, because I am hooked on the sound of the engine! It IS hard to stay within speed limit. This car DEMANDS that you remain engaged in your driving...even if just going to the closest 7-11. So far so good!

Martin ... Aston Martin
By Peter Afeiche on 06/29/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

Defintely the most beautiful car designed by Aston Martin so far ... and one that does not disappoint in terms of handling, engine power, or finishing. Owning the Aston DB9 is a pure pleasure and it gives me a thrill to see it from the vantage point of another car driving beside it. It is a sight for sore eyes on any day, and gives the driver fantastic control and responsivness. A perfect 10 !!

This is not a car ... it is a Dream !!
By Peter Afeiche on 06/25/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

Aston Martins have always had a distinct allure for me ever since seeing the DB5 in Goldfinger and seeing an Astin Martin Lagonda back in the 80's. The DB9 was the dream car for me to own and it took me a good 2- 3 weeks to fully realize just what a splendid car I was driving. Sexy, elegant, powerful, responsive, distinctive and manly are just some of the adjectives I can attribute to this car.

A real thrill
By financesniper on 05/13/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

Excellent quality and a beautiful design are the high points. The most superb exhaust notes I've ever experienced. The ONLY draw back I've found is a quirky automatic AC system that seems to have a little trouble keeping the cabin as cool as I select, but you can easily compensate by setting it a little bit cooler than you would normally.

Ashton Martin for 2005
By NwEnglndRe-l-t on 04/15/05 02:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

We preordered the 05 DB-9, auto-tran so the wife can drive it. I was originally skeptical about ordering an AstonM after their merger with Ford a year or few back and losing their designer to Jaguar. However, AstonM has not lost their edge. Soon as I started the car after its initial delivery, it purred so solidly (the only way to describe it). There was no way to say how getting in the car and whisking away, becoming the center of attention on the mediocre streets of reality feels.This car let loose effortlessly as I took off, tearing up the onramp going from 0-80 in only a few seconds.

great
By jose on 03/22/05 18:51 PM (PST)

2005 Aston Martin DB9 2dr Coupe (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

Its a great luxurious drive and also has that mean sports car look. Top of the line luxury sport vehicle, the Aston Martin DB-9, is an A in my book.