2012 Acura ZDX Consumer Review: ZDX perfect for me, not for ev

2012 Acura ZDX - Consumer Review

Advance Package 4dr Hatchback (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

ZDX perfect for me, not for everyone
By grandpagolfer on

2012 Acura ZDX Advance Package 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love my ZDX! That said, I am a retiree, and probably 90% of my trips include just my wife and I. This car is as close to a sporty car as I want to go, but I get a kick out of the many positive comments I get on its style etc. I have running boards, which light up at night to the extent that when I approach my car in the dark and unlock the doors, it looks like a cruise ship. I also don't haul much, and don't plan to, so the big negative versus the MDX (my old car), lack of cargo space, is moot for me. The interior of this car is the nicest, classiest interior I've ever seen in an automobile, and my two closest neighbors drive Lexuses and Mercedes (biggest models of each).

The interior is beautiful, classy, and the way that the center console goes black when the radio is turned off is a great feature. All the additional features in the Advance model appeal to me...collision mitigation, Adaptive cruise control, blind spot indicators are all valuable. The style of my ZDX gets LOTS of comments, more than I've gotten on all the other cars I've ever had. The Hard disk makes loading and having access to LOTS of music very easy. Additionally, my Acura link is very powerful, and lets me open our community gate and my garage doors from a LONG way away.

The only recurring negative I get is the low rear head room, and the fact that most every passenger in the rear seats has difficulty with them. A modest redesign might be helpful for those folks who actually want to haul passengers.