Used 2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ZDX model:

Love my ZDX
By goddard6

2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback Advance Package 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought my 2012 ZDX w/Advanced Package. This car is great!! Bought it brand new from the Acura Dealer, no one wanted to buy it, which made it good for me!

Love the ACC. Took a trip to the SF Bay Area and the ACC was wonderful!

ZDX perfect for me, not for everyone
By grandpagolfer

2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback Advance Package 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love my ZDX! That said, I am a retiree, and probably 90% of my trips include just my wife and I. This car is as close to a sporty car as I want to go, but I get a kick out of the many positive comments I get on its style etc. I have running boards, which light up at night to the extent that when I approach my car in the dark and unlock the doors, it looks like a cruise ship. I also don't haul much, and don't plan to, so the big negative versus the MDX (my old car), lack of cargo space, is moot for me. The interior of this car is the nicest, classiest interior I've ever seen in an automobile, and my two closest neighbors drive Lexuses and Mercedes (biggest models of each).

The interior is beautiful, classy, and the way that the center console goes black when the radio is turned off is a great feature. All the additional features in the Advance model appeal to me...collision mitigation, Adaptive cruise control, blind spot indicators are all valuable. The style of my ZDX gets LOTS of comments, more than I've gotten on all the other cars I've ever had. The Hard disk makes loading and having access to LOTS of music very easy. Additionally, my Acura link is very powerful, and lets me open our community gate and my garage doors from a LONG way away.

The only recurring negative I get is the low rear head room, and the fact that most every passenger in the rear seats has difficulty with them. A modest redesign might be helpful for those folks who actually want to haul passengers.

ZDX... Who's this car designed for?
By ericdise

2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback Advance Package 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The most frequent question asked about the ZDX is "Why?" The automotive magazines and automotive websites all want to slot this car in the crossover category when just like the BMW X6, it just doesn't fit. Is this really a problem? I don't think so. This car is an able, capable, looker! It stands out in the crowd and always provokes favorable comments wherever I go. In a world where so few cars stand out (Mini Cooper, Fiat, Fisker are exceptions), the ZDX stands out and I love that aspect more than anything else. The ZDX is luxurious, well-equipped, and fun to drive. The Advance Package is recommended as the features aid the driver tremendously. This is a great vehicle but not for everyone.

SH-AWD; the Advance Package with blind spot warning, collision avoidance, adaptive cruise control; the Navigation system is easy to use and very crisp in presentation; the 15GB HDD is great for ripping CDs; the ELS sound system is spectacular; the heated and cooled seats are comfortable and supportive using soft leather; the Hands-free phone (Bluetooth) has been flawless; and the Panoramic roof is big! The exterior styling is a gauranteed eye-catcher. The finish is terrific. The rim and tire package add to the allure.

Yes, the rear seat is small. It should be used for occasional use only because the ZDX really wasn't designed as a family hauler. Do you think Porsche owners actually use the rear seats in their 911's? The visibility issues can be fixed with convex mirrors. The Advance Package does help and I recommend it. Gas mileage could be better but only making the car lighter will probably improve this deficiency. Recommend a no panoramic roof option.

'12 ZDX
By keybd29

2012 Acura ZDX Hatchback Technology Package 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is lightening agile lane to lane but in a sustained curve it tends to roll and under steer. I believe this is because the zdx has a high center of gravity and perhaps made worse because of its heavy all-glass roof. The zdx has very poor throttle response, just lots of lag, and utterly no steering feedback! Keep your eyes glued to the road! Build quality is super and interior cabin is quiet. Rear seating in too cramped for most adults except for short trips, and, I find that even in the driver's seat my head often brushes the roof. IMO driver controls are dangerously complicated. All in all I find the zdx middling to poor in terms of fun to drive.

I find the styling attractive and unique. In the beauty category this suv/hatchback/coupe creation is a head turner!