1993 Acura Vigor Consumer Review: My first new car...and I still

1993 Acura Vigor - Consumer Review

GS Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My first new car...and I still have it!
By Sagehen on

1993 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

After a 158000 miles as the original owner, I can honestly say I still consider this my "new" car. The driving experience is great whether I am tooling along at 70 down the highway or driving through the local mountains to the in-laws! Sadly, they stopped making them after only a few years, which makes them somewhat unique and collectible (yeah!) but also contributes to making parts a little more difficult to find (sigh). Have friend at work who bought one used and loves his as much as I do mine.

Five-cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission provides plenty of get-up and go; both interior and exterior styling are very good. Option package on GS was fairly complete.

Be forewarned: While this car is a favorite of drivers and Honda/Acura enthusiasts alike, it is not necessarily a favorite of mechanics. Some quirky mechanical and engineering design features means it can take a little longer to fix than normal.