The Diamond in the Rough
By Brandon on
1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan
For a first car, Acura has spoiled me senseless. To be honest, I didn't really want it because it was $3500 (little more than what I intended on paying for a car). The car had only 98k and all its maintenance records though, so my father encouraged me to get it. I had not even driven the thing yet, mind you... and I was buying it. It took 3, yes THREE seconds behind the wheel to realize that I absolutely loved this car. I call it my baby, and plan on buying a party hat for it on its first birthday (Jan 22nd). If you find one in good shape, heavily consider it - I've only seen around 10 Vigors on the road since I bought mine nearly a year ago. They are built to LAST (over 200k w/care).
Favorite Features
Excellent acceleration and braking. Leather seating (w/lumbar support) spoils me. Power drivers seat is a very nice add-on as well. STYLING, above all else, is what sets it apart from others - get one with the factory spoiler! Looks better than today's Acura because Vigors are very, VERY rare.
Suggested Improvements
Plan on this car comfortably seating 2, because the back seat is uncomfortable for adults. It also lacks cup holders, for some reason. I put mine in the center console. Car requires premium fuel, too (near 200 horsepower inline 5 engine) and has a 17 gallon tank. It gets 22.5 mpg on average for me.