Used 1992 Acura Vigor Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vigor model:
Vigor: A Sport Utility Sedan
By Toomanymileson95 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 12 years, with out any major mechanical failures, other than a distributor cap replacement and a faulty CD changer, which Acura replaced under warranty. The Vigor is fun to drive, and it's engine produces a warm purr. The cabin is quiet, although the windows can knock a little in high wind. Great cornering and brakes. It has all the amenities of an expensive luxury sedan.

Hidden Beauty
By No Way Inc on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Vigors are rare and I like it. They look stylish and rich. You have everything in one car. Plus, 5 speed manual, period. I have always liked these cars when I saw them on the road, but I could never imagine that I would own one. I could not expect the perfection of the Vigors.

245000 AND STILL GOING STRONG
By Sweet Stuff on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 165k on it and since have put on 80k. Aside from the usual maintance items I have had no real problems except for the front rotors, they tend to warp quickly (common on all early honda's and acura's) and replaceing them usually means the wheel bearings to. I expect the car to last another 3 years or so. I put on 40k a year, so I need a reliable car - this one has not let me down.

LovingIt2Pieces
By CAR4TEEN on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Just recently purchased this car for our 16 yr old daughter with 134K. It looks good, rides great--couldn't ask for a new car to do any better, Changed out the radio for a more recent model to accomodate a cd changer. Had some mechanics to look it over and was told nothing to worry about especially for the price we bought it for (less than $3000).Now husband and older daughter want one just like it!

EXCELLENT CAR
By SAMMY on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Before my purchase of a new vheicle, I test drove, Lexus, Infinity, BMW 3 and 5 series, Acura Legend, Nissan, etc. I am the original owner and I have about 75000 miles and no problems. I love its potent performance, agility and overall style. I just wish they had cup holders, and other accessories.

GREAT INSIDE OUT
By GUY B on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car has never let me down, it's not a new car, but still drives like one. Everything works, I put no $$ into it but gas...

230,000 Miles
By JD_from_GA on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought it as a lease turn in with 25,000 miles on it, and it ran GREAT for 205,000 more. My sister totaled it at 230,000+ miles and it was running like the day I bought it. I almost cried when the insurance wouldn't fix it. I'm going to go right out and buy me another Acura. Only drawback was the small back seats and no cup holders.

Miata to Vigor was good decision
By SandyOne on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Sports car drive in family style. After 10 years the style looks good and the performance has remained strong, handles like a new car.

176,000 and has NEVER let me sit.
By bobsealover on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

My father bought the car with 40,000 on it. It now has 176,000 and has never had any problems other than the normal wear items (brakes, bulbs, and a power antenna mast, wheel bearing) All services have been performed on- time. That's the key to keeping these on the road. Quite good in the snow, awesome in the rain (on Bridgestone Potenza RE950's) and excruciatingly reliable. There's a big online support group for these cars too.

Great Car! I still love it.
By Alabalan on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I never expected to keep a car this long, but I bought it new and 170K miles later it still runs beautifully. It IS like a sports car. I have standard transmission which I had to replace at 130K. Small back seat is the only drawback, but if you rarely have passengers, it's a perfect car. I look for it to last to at least 250K.