Used 1992 Acura Vigor Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Vigor - Consumer Reviews

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan

View reviews for a specific Vigor model:

Electrical nightmare
By nathan

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned mine for 2 weeks and had the heater blower motor fail, the alarm goes off sometimes when I use the key to unlock it, the stereo display only works sometimes and I have expensive repair quotes for anything that comes up. I find the car attractive to look at and fun to drive. I believe the engine and drivetrain are solid but the electrical issues are awful. This is a money pit that will cost you as much as a newer more reliable car would have from the beginning.

Favorite Features

Great tone and response from the engine and fun handling characteristics.

Suggested Improvements

Blower motor access revision, cupholder, electrical system overhaul.

More cars should be made like the GS
By Craig

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I heard that these cars were very good and so far it has lived up to its reputation. My GS handles like a dream. Is so quiet even with 133000 miles on her that I can hardly hear the enging. Parts are available cheaply. I have replaced a few things but only because I had no record of replacements, such timing belt, water pump, breaks and clutch. But these things do wear out.

Favorite Features

I love the 5 speed, soft leather interior, quiet ride, fuel economy is good with 27 on highway and 20 in the city. The DSP stereo is astounding... 8 speaker surround sound.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, car sits very low and can be hard to get in for taller people. I do not recommend it for people over 6'2". The hiding antenna is a pain. Just put on a permanent one.

Best car
By jfrazier

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has been my most favorite car to date. I drive it hard and it hasn't let me down. I'm very lucky to get to drive it at speeds of 160kms to 180kms for hours. Great car!!

Favorite Features

The reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

The Diamond in the Rough
By Brandon

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

For a first car, Acura has spoiled me senseless. To be honest, I didn't really want it because it was $3500 (little more than what I intended on paying for a car). The car had only 98k and all its maintenance records though, so my father encouraged me to get it. I had not even driven the thing yet, mind you... and I was buying it. It took 3, yes THREE seconds behind the wheel to realize that I absolutely loved this car. I call it my baby, and plan on buying a party hat for it on its first birthday (Jan 22nd). If you find one in good shape, heavily consider it - I've only seen around 10 Vigors on the road since I bought mine nearly a year ago. They are built to LAST (over 200k w/care).

Favorite Features

Excellent acceleration and braking. Leather seating (w/lumbar support) spoils me. Power drivers seat is a very nice add-on as well. STYLING, above all else, is what sets it apart from others - get one with the factory spoiler! Looks better than today's Acura because Vigors are very, VERY rare.

Suggested Improvements

Plan on this car comfortably seating 2, because the back seat is uncomfortable for adults. It also lacks cup holders, for some reason. I put mine in the center console. Car requires premium fuel, too (near 200 horsepower inline 5 engine) and has a 17 gallon tank. It gets 22.5 mpg on average for me.

Great Car for Teens and Stylish Women
By PrettyKlassy

1992 Acura Vigor Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car just seemed to call my name as I was looking my 16 yr old daughter a car. Was purchased with some 140K miles but had some minor problems we didn't discover until we had it for a few months. After replacing the engine (with one that had 90K miles) and a few other fixes, not only did my daughter but I loved driving it. It still looks good,runs well, and for a teenager that's all that really matters.

Favorite Features

Rich rosewood brown metallic in color, black leather seats, and automatic moonroof

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders would be great