1992 Acura Vigor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vigor model:
Electrical nightmare
By nathan on 03/19/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned mine for 2 weeks and had the heater blower motor fail, the alarm goes off sometimes when I use the key to unlock it, the stereo display only works sometimes and I have expensive repair quotes for anything that comes up. I find the car attractive to look at and fun to drive. I believe the engine and drivetrain are solid but the electrical issues are awful. This is a money pit that will cost you as much as a newer more reliable car would have from the beginning.

More cars should be made like the GS
By Craig on 03/18/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

I heard that these cars were very good and so far it has lived up to its reputation. My GS handles like a dream. Is so quiet even with 133000 miles on her that I can hardly hear the enging. Parts are available cheaply. I have replaced a few things but only because I had no record of replacements, such timing belt, water pump, breaks and clutch. But these things do wear out.

The Diamond in the Rough
By Brandon on 01/19/07 10:09 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

For a first car, Acura has spoiled me senseless. To be honest, I didn't really want it because it was $3500 (little more than what I intended on paying for a car). The car had only 98k and all its maintenance records though, so my father encouraged me to get it. I had not even driven the thing yet, mind you... and I was buying it. It took 3, yes THREE seconds behind the wheel to realize that I absolutely loved this car. I call it my baby, and plan on buying a party hat for it on its first birthday (Jan 22nd). If you find one in good shape, heavily consider it - I've only seen around 10 Vigors on the road since I bought mine nearly a year ago. They are built to LAST (over 200k w/care).

Great Car for Teens and Stylish Women
By PrettyKlassy on 08/19/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

This car just seemed to call my name as I was looking my 16 yr old daughter a car. Was purchased with some 140K miles but had some minor problems we didn't discover until we had it for a few months. After replacing the engine (with one that had 90K miles) and a few other fixes, not only did my daughter but I loved driving it. It still looks good,runs well, and for a teenager that's all that really matters.

drives like a sports car
By joh on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

expensive parts,but its worth it.

Never a problem for 96000 mi
By markd1212 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

Had the car since day one. Used in mostly town driving so my car is not one of those 90% highway miles cars. I follow what Acura recommends for maintainance, faithfully. Oil is changes 2 or 3 times a year. Every 2 years I change all fluids, air & gas filter etc. I have never had any mechanical problems at all but this is normal for this model car. The Vigor has a following and even has a Yahoo club. The car rides great and is solid at 100 mph. At 55-75 mph it feels like its going 30. People tend to keep these cars so if one becomes available, give it a look. Only negative, small amount of leg room back seat,but huge trunk.

Vigor: A Sport Utility Sedan
By Toomanymileson95 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 12 years, with out any major mechanical failures, other than a distributor cap replacement and a faulty CD changer, which Acura replaced under warranty. The Vigor is fun to drive, and it's engine produces a warm purr. The cabin is quiet, although the windows can knock a little in high wind. Great cornering and brakes. It has all the amenities of an expensive luxury sedan.

Hidden Beauty
By No Way Inc on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

Vigors are rare and I like it. They look stylish and rich. You have everything in one car. Plus, 5 speed manual, period. I have always liked these cars when I saw them on the road, but I could never imagine that I would own one. I could not expect the perfection of the Vigors.

LovingIt2Pieces
By CAR4TEEN on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

Just recently purchased this car for our 16 yr old daughter with 134K. It looks good, rides great--couldn't ask for a new car to do any better, Changed out the radio for a more recent model to accomodate a cd changer. Had some mechanics to look it over and was told nothing to worry about especially for the price we bought it for (less than $3000).Now husband and older daughter want one just like it!

EXCELLENT CAR
By SAMMY on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

Before my purchase of a new vheicle, I test drove, Lexus, Infinity, BMW 3 and 5 series, Acura Legend, Nissan, etc. I am the original owner and I have about 75000 miles and no problems. I love its potent performance, agility and overall style. I just wish they had cup holders, and other accessories.