1992 Acura Vigor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vigor model:
Electrical nightmare
By nathan on 03/19/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned mine for 2 weeks and had the heater blower motor fail, the alarm goes off sometimes when I use the key to unlock it, the stereo display only works sometimes and I have expensive repair quotes for anything that comes up. I find the car attractive to look at and fun to drive. I believe the engine and drivetrain are solid but the electrical issues are awful. This is a money pit that will cost you as much as a newer more reliable car would have from the beginning.

More cars should be made like the GS
By Craig on 03/18/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

I heard that these cars were very good and so far it has lived up to its reputation. My GS handles like a dream. Is so quiet even with 133000 miles on her that I can hardly hear the enging. Parts are available cheaply. I have replaced a few things but only because I had no record of replacements, such timing belt, water pump, breaks and clutch. But these things do wear out.

Best car
By jfrazier on 09/25/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor LS 4dr Sedan

This has been my most favorite car to date. I drive it hard and it hasn't let me down. I'm very lucky to get to drive it at speeds of 160kms to 180kms for hours. Great car!!

The Diamond in the Rough
By Brandon on 01/19/07 10:09 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

For a first car, Acura has spoiled me senseless. To be honest, I didn't really want it because it was $3500 (little more than what I intended on paying for a car). The car had only 98k and all its maintenance records though, so my father encouraged me to get it. I had not even driven the thing yet, mind you... and I was buying it. It took 3, yes THREE seconds behind the wheel to realize that I absolutely loved this car. I call it my baby, and plan on buying a party hat for it on its first birthday (Jan 22nd). If you find one in good shape, heavily consider it - I've only seen around 10 Vigors on the road since I bought mine nearly a year ago. They are built to LAST (over 200k w/care).

Great Car for Teens and Stylish Women
By PrettyKlassy on 08/19/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

This car just seemed to call my name as I was looking my 16 yr old daughter a car. Was purchased with some 140K miles but had some minor problems we didn't discover until we had it for a few months. After replacing the engine (with one that had 90K miles) and a few other fixes, not only did my daughter but I loved driving it. It still looks good,runs well, and for a teenager that's all that really matters.

drives like a sports car
By joh on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

expensive parts,but its worth it.

Acura Vigor
By WendyB on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Vigor LS 4dr Sedan

We drove our Vigor for nearly 10 years, then kept it for another 2 years as our extra car. It was almost never in the shop, and I don't recall it ever leaving me stranded. It was peppy, handled well, and got great gas mileage. It was a great car to drive and was very reliable. I would recommend any Acura based on our experience with this one.

Never a problem for 96000 mi
By markd1212 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor GS 4dr Sedan

Had the car since day one. Used in mostly town driving so my car is not one of those 90% highway miles cars. I follow what Acura recommends for maintainance, faithfully. Oil is changes 2 or 3 times a year. Every 2 years I change all fluids, air & gas filter etc. I have never had any mechanical problems at all but this is normal for this model car. The Vigor has a following and even has a Yahoo club. The car rides great and is solid at 100 mph. At 55-75 mph it feels like its going 30. People tend to keep these cars so if one becomes available, give it a look. Only negative, small amount of leg room back seat,but huge trunk.

LOVETHISCAR
By CT2NY on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this from a friend after I totalled my Honda Civic at 236,000 miles. I have 155+ on it right now and just bought a 2002 Honda Accord. I am already going through withdrawals about selling this car.

The Forgotten Acura
By Texan_176 on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Vigor LS 4dr Sedan

The vigor is a wonderfully designed BMW style car from Honda. See the lists of cons vs pros in this review for an objective review. If I wrote a text review it would be bias since I own the car and would tend to favor the pros.