True Sports Sedan
By pete2012 on
2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Our 2012 Acura TSX, 280-hp, 3.5-liter, V6 (same engine as the TL) is a rare bird. There are only 3 available in Florida at this time, limited colors (do you like silver?) and customers cannot at this time, order from the factory. Nature’s calamities to Acura/Honda plants in the Pacific rim have caused a paucity of this model. We traded a 201-hp, 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder 2011 TSX (which is a beautiful piece of work and fun to drive) for this model. We also have a 2007 Acura TL, which we will continue to own as it has low mileage, it’s garaged nightly, and its aesthetics are more pleasing to us than the current model. We waited for a new TL exterior (a design which, being on the cutting edge, would take other manufacturers a few years again to replicate) but this new, Crystal Black Pearl with Ebony interior TSX is just gorgeous. Along with certain other unmentionable devices, it will “Blow your hair back”. It’s the true sports sedan I’ve always longed for. Yeah, maybe you’d class it as “entry level luxury”, but the truth is, “I know better”.
Favorite Features
Being kinda' "old school" I prefer no interruptions when driving and so opted for the non-Tech model. It's never been easy for me to chew gum and walk at the same time so I thought this the best choice for me. If you're familiar with Acura/Honda ergonomics, structured approach to equipment layout, and function, this model poses no surprises. If you're unfamiliar, it's easily approachable. Primary favorites, which sold us are the V6 power and suspension. A definitive departure from the 4-cylinder model.
Suggested Improvements
More cup-holders?...Nah! Finishing details?...can't think of any! Instrumentation?...neat presentation and function! Power, curb-appeal, ride quality, handling?...extraordinary as is! I would appreciate a few more color choices when and if I decide to trade for another Acura. Hey!...Acura...surprise me once more!