2012 Acura TSX Consumer Review: TL owner moving down but not b

2012 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

TL owner moving down but not by much...
By dadoftwogirls on

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was tired of getting 17.5 mpg on premium gas around town with my 2009 Acura TL.
I looked at BMW, Mercedes and Audi.
However, I just couldn't justify the extra money.
Everything cost EXTRA.
I went back to Acura and they had a Milano Red Limited Edition loaded TSX on the showroom floor.
I immediately fell in love with the looks and bought it on the spot.
To me it is the most agressive looking Acura with the body kit.
It just looks sexy and strong.
Although I am giving up a lot of power vs. the TL, I am also getting about 6 miles a gallon farther down the road.
In addition, I hardly ever found a time when I could 'drive' the TL agressively.
At this point, I am not missing it much.

Very well made. TSX are assembled in Japan. Love the red LED floor lighting, special addition seats, red stitching, two tone rims, and metal racing pedals the limited edition comes with. I added the mud guards and the car lines looks awesome. Seems every bit as quiet or more than my 09' TL but have no way of validiating that. Handling in the TSX is a little more spirited even without the extra HP. Seems a little tighter. Not as much body roll in fast corners. Might be the 500lbs less over the front wheels vs. the TL. Big difference on MPG. I'm getting 24.3 in city vs. my TL's 18.2. Based on my driving I am saving about $40 a month in gas plus a lower montly payment and lower insurance cost.

Not a lot of complaints. I'd love to see Acura offer an engine in the +240hp range vs. just the high end 280hp offering. With the car weight, it would be the sweet spot for that little extra ummmph. I'd also like to see an option for the ELS premium sound system without having to buy the whole technology package. With smartphone GPS as good or better then many cars, the in car units seem obsolete and an expensive waste. Although I like the Milano red, the standard model color choices seem a little drab and uninspired.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review