Love the Car...HATE Acura of Ocean NJ
By ellen21 on
2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The TSX is a very nice sized luxury car, but all is ruined by the terrible service at Acura of Ocean. This New Jersey dealership does not care about its customers at all. They are rude and difficult to work with. They do not listen to their customers and never fix things the first time. Twenty four hours after a very expensive service, my car breaks down on the Garden State Parkway. It had to be towed because of a dead battery, something Acura of Ocean was to have checked a mere day prior. Acura of Ocean totally ruined buying and driving an Acura. I will NEVER buy another Acura. By the way, I called the Home Office of Acura and they could care less as well!!!
Suggested Improvements
Shutting down a dealership that is uncaring, rude, and inept.
By thumper16
on 03/17/12 10:08 AM (PDT)

I'm not familiar with your dealership, only know mine is outstanding. Wondering how you could have a very expensive service when the vehicle is a 2012 and still under warranty.

By lovelyceremony
on 03/05/12 14:25 PM (PST)

I've had the same experience with Courtesy Acura in Sanford, FL. What is also really disappointing is that even after I wrote to Acura's Home Office, they did not even have the courtesy to respond, the same as what happened to you. I'm now in the market for a new car and would LOVE to buy another Acura, but due to the dealership and Acura's Home Office attitude, I will be looking at other models -- I will not subject myself to another car with the same experience I've had with Acura in the past. What a shame.

By bubba7777
on 03/30/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

I HATE ACURA OF OCEAN AS WELL!!!! I have gone in there 2 times over the last 6 years to buy a car, and both times their obnoxious sales manager has angered me beyond belief. It isn't even over money......it is how they try to control you when you are shopping. I loved the car as well....it is truly a shame (TL). The sad part is that I won't buy an Acura now, because I would have to service it there. I have heard nothing but horror stories about this dealership (actually...to be fair...one person said they were OK to deal with...5+ others said they were horrible). Please learn your lesson!!!!! Thanks!

By presned
on 03/12/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

I am surprised by your Acura service short falls. The service at North Scottsdale is one reason we bought another Acura. We traded our "05 RL for the TSX 4 cylinder. It is more powerful, more fun to drive, has most of the RL bells and whistles and looks good, a lot better than the TL. We would have bought a new RL if Acura had ever introduced it. Our guess is that they want the TL to be the RL and the TSX to be the TL. It's a nice car and we're glad we bought it.