Used 2012 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

TSX V6, no navigation
By mountainroad76

2012 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a good sounding engine, reliability, and refinement as the three dominating factors in that order. I was sick and tired of hearing a nasty exhaust, the constant problems, and lack of refinement that my inherited 04 explorer had. This Acura is better in every way except cargo/seating capacity that I never needed. It is especially fun to drive; it begs you to drive it hard. The deep, refined growl of the engine is priceless, though the effervescent purring of the I4 would have satisfied me. Handling is excellent, but the ride is quite stiffer than a Lexus, and it is louder at high speeds. At least you won't fall asleep! Not a great city commuter, but very fun for highway/mountainous.

Refinement, acceleration when necessary, very fun to drive especially on mountainous roads, reliability; in approx. one year 10,000 miles, an oil change was performed and nothing bad like engine/transmission/tires/brakes/electric problems/significantly annoying rattles found, though considering replacing tires/brakes/battery in another 4 or 5 years, assuming I still have it. (most likely will) Also, I am a very tolerant and patient individual, but noise/suspension are within acceptable limits in my eyes. This for the money is a great value in my eyes, especially compared to the German competitors. I'm 5' 10" and easily find a comfortable driving position.

When driven hard in the city, mpg can get as low as 13 MPG! When you take it easy, its more like 20. On the highway, 23 MPG while going 80+ mph is realistic, but its possible to get over 30 if you try. Trust me though, this car is so fun to push, it's both worth the fuel economy and hard to get good fuel economy! The wide spaced transmission and lack of high-tech direct injection are likely to blame. Go for the I4 if you are willing to sacrifice the at-times excessive performance for much better efficiency. The backseat is too small for families of greater than 4, and with aged children, but I won't have to worry about that for years, so it's okay for me. Some will like less noise also.

This is my second TSX
By drtangalanga

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2006 TSX was a great car, six models later the 2012 is still unbeatable when it comes to value, luxury and sportiness. I considered the usual subjects: Mercedes C250, the BMW 3, and Audi A4. For me the TSX still provides more bang for the buck than any of them, with the vaulted Acura reliability I am used to. My only complaint is about the tech package. You get a lot more features but simple tasks become much more cumbersome and take many more steps to complete.

Very comfy and supportive seats Sporty yet quiet ride Ipod integration with USB cable Feels quicker than my 2006 I prefer the older styling but the new look is growing on me.

Streamline the Nav system specially when it comes to voice commands. Too many steps!. While listening to a track on our Ipod you can only advance to the next track or go back to the beginning you can't fast forward or rewind to get to different parts of the track. Keyless system would be nice Parking sensors Satellite Map view Applications

Acura did not stand behind their product.
By chelocueva

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car last December, after two weeks of driving I notice a whistling noise coming out of the dash, only when the AC is on and the car is moving, it is a high pitch noise that come and goes in intervals of seconds, very annoying, I call the dealer, by the way the dealer was great they did everything in their power to fix this issue, it took 3 tries to notice but finally they heard it, to make a long story short, my car was out of commission for 60 days, 30 days straight, they replace the expansion valve, evaporator, performed recovered/vacuum/charge the system, and I'll almost forgot they replace the bluetooth too cause was not working, finally after phone calls and sending letter

Acura send a District manager to meet me and go for a drive in my car wich we did, and they heard it too, after A few minutes we went back to de dealer and then went on a test drive of a brand new TSX Special Edition just like mine, and guess what? The high pitch noise was there too! So, after much deliberation she concluded that there was nothing wrong with the car and left, days later got a call from Honda and they say that it is a characteristic of the car. I wish they would have put that on the sticker because I wouldn't have bought it, then they offer to pay me one car payment in exchange for signing a release form, I said NO Thank You.

Give me my money back.

Love This Car
By thumper16

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've probably have had 20 new cars and that many used in my life but can't say I've liked any more than this. Love the size, the quality in and out, sound system, handling, gas mileage 25-35. Have had it about 6 months and 6,000 miles-no issues.

Still can't wait to get behind the wheel. Brag this car to everyone. Get nothing but compliments about looks. Best low 30's car out there.

Only complaint is cupholder room. Could be a little better. My wife's 13 RDX is near perfect.

Better than I expected!
By oldsnwbrdr

2012 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's interesting to read reviews from those who traded "down" from a European brand. I did the same, and my monthly lease payment is $120 lower than the Mercedes C300 AWD Sport I traded in. My family actually prefers the Acura for a lot of reasons... the only things I miss are the 6-cylinder refinement and the Mercedes bank vault build quality.

Value equation, even without the tech package (I have a portable GPS that I use, and the base stereo sounds good enough). Xenon headlights, voice-activated phone dialing. Seats are exceptionally comfortable. Car is roomier than my old Mercedes, and rides smoother. Car is the perfect size, very tossable, easy to see out of and park. Tight turning radius. Great gas mileage, with big fuel tank >500 mile freeway jaunts are possible. I love the styling, and the taupe interior looks fantastic. Interior is very cool and well-assembled. Bluetooth phone and audio connections are flawless, excellent iPod interface. I think there is plenty of low-end torque for most drivers.

The engine sounds like a cheap 4-cylinder, this needs to be retuned. The audio display screen is archaic, and looks like a 20-year old alarm clock (even if you don't opt for the tech package it should still be a color screen that shows the entire artist and song names). The ignition is right in a place where the keys dangle on my knee, my 2007 TL did this too (pushbutton start standard across the board please). While well-built, construction is nowhere near as solid as the Mercedes (and shouldn't be, for $10K less). On-center steering feel is vague and requires constant adjustment. My 18-year old son hounds me to drive the car and is wearing out my tires and paddle shifters. :)

• SUV