2012 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Almost perfect car
By artemus2 on 03/02/12 07:18 AM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has one flaw and it is something you want to consider before buying. It has a extremelly rough ride. If you are going to buy one test drive it on a highway that is not perfectly smooth and on some cracked pavement. You want to drive it for at least 30 minutes to start to get a feel for it. The car is so much fun to drive that its easy not to notice the rough ride until its too late. It can get very annoying if you drive on the highway for more than ten minutes or so. Everything else about the car is perfect!

True Sports Sedan
By pete2012 on 03/02/12 06:52 AM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2012 Acura TSX, 280-hp, 3.5-liter, V6 (same engine as the TL) is a rare bird. There are only 3 available in Florida at this time, limited colors (do you like silver?) and customers cannot at this time, order from the factory. Nature’s calamities to Acura/Honda plants in the Pacific rim have caused a paucity of this model. We traded a 201-hp, 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder 2011 TSX (which is a beautiful piece of work and fun to drive) for this model. We also have a 2007 Acura TL, which we will continue to own as it has low mileage, it’s garaged nightly, and its aesthetics are more pleasing to us than the current model. We waited for a new TL exterior (a design which, being on the cutting edge, would take other manufacturers a few years again to replicate) but this new, Crystal Black Pearl with Ebony interior TSX is just gorgeous. Along with certain other unmentionable devices, it will “Blow your hair back”. It’s the true sports sedan I’ve always longed for. Yeah, maybe you’d class it as “entry level luxury”, but the truth is, “I know better”.

TL owner moving down but not by much...
By dadoftwogirls on 02/13/12 17:21 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was tired of getting 17.5 mpg on premium gas around town with my 2009 Acura TL. I looked at BMW, Mercedes and Audi. However, I just couldn't justify the extra money. Everything cost EXTRA. I went back to Acura and they had a Milano Red Limited Edition loaded TSX on the showroom floor. I immediately fell in love with the looks and bought it on the spot. To me it is the most agressive looking Acura with the body kit. It just looks sexy and strong. Although I am giving up a lot of power vs. the TL, I am also getting about 6 miles a gallon farther down the road. In addition, I hardly ever found a time when I could 'drive' the TL agressively. At this point, I am not missing it much.

Love my TSX
By mharris335 on 02/08/12 14:55 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car in November and it is the best thing I have ever driven. It gets good gas mileage and it's plenty fast enough. I love the feel of the interior and the seats are very comfortable. I had been driving a Honda Accord for the past 10 years, so this car was a big step up for me. What sold me on the TSX was the cost. For a loaded Accord it would have been $28,500 and I paid $29,500 for my TSX. The new Accord felt like a toy, but the TSX feels like more like a sports car/luxury car. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Poor Man's 3 Series (and then some)
By exriguy on 11/29/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Read all the reviews and bought a black Special Edition. Paid just over $28k and it is the best "drivers car" you can get at that price, hands down. The sports interior on the SE is roomy and as nice as an M3; all the controls and fit and finish are what you'd expect in an Acura. Seats are perfect and standard equipment is plentiful; base stereo rivals upgraded stereos in other cars. Handling is on par with a 3 series, steering included. Despite the occasional review about vague "on center" steering feel, it is only in contrast to the previous car -- hardly noticeable and far from an issue. Takes corners with a nimbleness that only a 3 series can rival, but for $10k+ more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TSX in VA is:

$142 per month*