Used 2012 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Better than I expected!
By oldsnwbrdr

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's interesting to read reviews from those who traded "down" from a European brand. I did the same, and my monthly lease payment is $120 lower than the Mercedes C300 AWD Sport I traded in. My family actually prefers the Acura for a lot of reasons... the only things I miss are the 6-cylinder refinement and the Mercedes bank vault build quality.

Value equation, even without the tech package (I have a portable GPS that I use, and the base stereo sounds good enough). Xenon headlights, voice-activated phone dialing. Seats are exceptionally comfortable. Car is roomier than my old Mercedes, and rides smoother. Car is the perfect size, very tossable, easy to see out of and park. Tight turning radius. Great gas mileage, with big fuel tank >500 mile freeway jaunts are possible. I love the styling, and the taupe interior looks fantastic. Interior is very cool and well-assembled. Bluetooth phone and audio connections are flawless, excellent iPod interface. I think there is plenty of low-end torque for most drivers.

The engine sounds like a cheap 4-cylinder, this needs to be retuned. The audio display screen is archaic, and looks like a 20-year old alarm clock (even if you don't opt for the tech package it should still be a color screen that shows the entire artist and song names). The ignition is right in a place where the keys dangle on my knee, my 2007 TL did this too (pushbutton start standard across the board please). While well-built, construction is nowhere near as solid as the Mercedes (and shouldn't be, for $10K less). On-center steering feel is vague and requires constant adjustment. My 18-year old son hounds me to drive the car and is wearing out my tires and paddle shifters. :)

Excellent value for the money - but not perfect
By mtsn

2012 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in an aging BMW X5 with a V8 that I loved but couldn't handle the expensive repairs any longer. The TSX with technology package is roughly $12-$15k less than a similarly equipped BMW, Audi, Mercedes and also $5-10k less than a similarly equipped Infiniti or Lexus. I've been very pleased on the value the car offers for the price, but it definitely does not drive "German". The 4 cylinder noise is not pleasing the ear, but it does offer decent power and economy. The safety ratings are excellent, the sound system is very good, it has lots of standard equipment (xenons, leather, sunroof, bluetooth), and is a very solidly built car. I am happy with my purchase...but I still miss my BMW :)

Standard equipment list is excellent - xenons, leather, sunroof, bluetooth, heated seats, etc. I bought the tech package and highly recommend it. It has a great screen, very good navigation, and a good Ipod/pandora interface and a decent backup camera. The extra $30 a month or so in my lease payment is well worth it for the features. Also, the seats are comfortable, the leather is high quality and perforated which is nice in the Vegas heat. Something else that other companies charge for that's standard in the TSX that I really appreciate is the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I actually use them nearly every day, and they work very well.

I am a little critical in the sense I have "downgraded" from a vehicle costing $60k new to the TSX, but I feel like I really haven't given up too much other than driving feel. The 4 cylinder engine offers acceptable performance, but it could definitely use a lot more low end torque. Accelerating from a stop light requires a lot of RPMs to get moving, and passing on the freeway requires one or two downshifts to get the car moving. I would DEFINITELY recommend Acura giving this car at least one more gear if not two for economy and power. The ride can be a little bumpy at times, and steering a bit vague. Also, the plastics used feel a bit hollow compared to a BMW or Audi and are fairly hard.

Great car for the money
By flyboiord

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ended my 2009 C300 lease and looked at the TSX when i found a zero down 313 a month lease 10k miles/yr and 36 months. The car is very nice for the price and i generally really enjoy it although there are some minor drawbacks. Coming from a 6 to a 4 is a downgrade. It sounds like any other japanese 4 which means its whiney. Although the gas miliage is excellent and exceeds expectations and has plenty of power for me. 25 in town and 33-37 on the hwy. The driver seat is just ok and it hits me a little high. i cannot seem to lower it enough to make it comfortable. The passanger is perfect however. The radio is average and the dash has some cheap looking plastic in places.

the car rides great and really performs well. I still prefer German cars to ride and handling however it is still good considering it is 14k cheeper than the Benz. Also the key fob is huge and has this flip out metal thing that is really annoying. The Mercedes just had a chip and fit in your pocket much better. If i wasnt so cheap i would get another Mercedes or BMW but i do enjoy the real leather seats. Overall an excellent car and recommended.

Exceeded my expectations
By thelosers

2012 Acura TSX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my silver tsx special edition automatic the other day, and it far exceeded my expectations. This car is great! Rock solid build quality, and very comfotable and luxurious. Ultra responsive steering, acceleration, and brakes. This car really is a blast to drive. I really can't believe this car is so much fun to drive, and feels so tight, responsive, and powerful. The interior and exterior additions of the special edition package really bring an already great car up to another level.

steering, acceleration, responsiveness, interior, overall quality feel of the car; the list goes on and on.

can't think of any suggestions at this time.

Love the Car...HATE Acura of Ocean NJ
By ellen21

2012 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The TSX is a very nice sized luxury car, but all is ruined by the terrible service at Acura of Ocean. This New Jersey dealership does not care about its customers at all. They are rude and difficult to work with. They do not listen to their customers and never fix things the first time. Twenty four hours after a very expensive service, my car breaks down on the Garden State Parkway. It had to be towed because of a dead battery, something Acura of Ocean was to have checked a mere day prior. Acura of Ocean totally ruined buying and driving an Acura. I will NEVER buy another Acura. By the way, I called the Home Office of Acura and they could care less as well!!!

Shutting down a dealership that is uncaring, rude, and inept.