Used 2012 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Simply Amazing!
By nitish17

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a lightly used 2012 TSX w/ Tech Package and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything people mentioned about it in earlier reviews is absolutely spot on. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate the efficiency of it. The handling is like that of a sports car with very nimble steering response and smooth acceleration off rest point. I would mention that getting the Tech package is well worth the money since it would really bring up the oomph factor of the handsomely designed cabin.

Favorite Features

Standard features, comfortable seats, performance, handling

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth software for audio could be improved for android phones

TSX V6, no navigation
By mountainroad76

2012 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a good sounding engine, reliability, and refinement as the three dominating factors in that order. I was sick and tired of hearing a nasty exhaust, the constant problems, and lack of refinement that my inherited 04 explorer had. This Acura is better in every way except cargo/seating capacity that I never needed. It is especially fun to drive; it begs you to drive it hard. The deep, refined growl of the engine is priceless, though the effervescent purring of the I4 would have satisfied me. Handling is excellent, but the ride is quite stiffer than a Lexus, and it is louder at high speeds. At least you won't fall asleep! Not a great city commuter, but very fun for highway/mountainous.

Favorite Features

Refinement, acceleration when necessary, very fun to drive especially on mountainous roads, reliability; in approx. one year 10,000 miles, an oil change was performed and nothing bad like engine/transmission/tires/brakes/electric problems/significantly annoying rattles found, though considering replacing tires/brakes/battery in another 4 or 5 years, assuming I still have it. (most likely will) Also, I am a very tolerant and patient individual, but noise/suspension are within acceptable limits in my eyes. This for the money is a great value in my eyes, especially compared to the German competitors. I'm 5' 10" and easily find a comfortable driving position.

Suggested Improvements

When driven hard in the city, mpg can get as low as 13 MPG! When you take it easy, its more like 20. On the highway, 23 MPG while going 80+ mph is realistic, but its possible to get over 30 if you try. Trust me though, this car is so fun to push, it's both worth the fuel economy and hard to get good fuel economy! The wide spaced transmission and lack of high-tech direct injection are likely to blame. Go for the I4 if you are willing to sacrifice the at-times excessive performance for much better efficiency. The backseat is too small for families of greater than 4, and with aged children, but I won't have to worry about that for years, so it's okay for me. Some will like less noise also.

This is my second TSX
By drtangalanga

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2006 TSX was a great car, six models later the 2012 is still unbeatable when it comes to value, luxury and sportiness. I considered the usual subjects: Mercedes C250, the BMW 3, and Audi A4. For me the TSX still provides more bang for the buck than any of them, with the vaulted Acura reliability I am used to. My only complaint is about the tech package. You get a lot more features but simple tasks become much more cumbersome and take many more steps to complete.

Favorite Features

Very comfy and supportive seats Sporty yet quiet ride Ipod integration with USB cable Feels quicker than my 2006 I prefer the older styling but the new look is growing on me.

Suggested Improvements

Streamline the Nav system specially when it comes to voice commands. Too many steps!. While listening to a track on our Ipod you can only advance to the next track or go back to the beginning you can't fast forward or rewind to get to different parts of the track. Keyless system would be nice Parking sensors Satellite Map view Applications

Acura did not stand behind their product.
By chelocueva

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car last December, after two weeks of driving I notice a whistling noise coming out of the dash, only when the AC is on and the car is moving, it is a high pitch noise that come and goes in intervals of seconds, very annoying, I call the dealer, by the way the dealer was great they did everything in their power to fix this issue, it took 3 tries to notice but finally they heard it, to make a long story short, my car was out of commission for 60 days, 30 days straight, they replace the expansion valve, evaporator, performed recovered/vacuum/charge the system, and I'll almost forgot they replace the bluetooth too cause was not working, finally after phone calls and sending letter

Favorite Features

Acura send a District manager to meet me and go for a drive in my car wich we did, and they heard it too, after A few minutes we went back to de dealer and then went on a test drive of a brand new TSX Special Edition just like mine, and guess what? The high pitch noise was there too! So, after much deliberation she concluded that there was nothing wrong with the car and left, days later got a call from Honda and they say that it is a characteristic of the car. I wish they would have put that on the sticker because I wouldn't have bought it, then they offer to pay me one car payment in exchange for signing a release form, I said NO Thank You.

Suggested Improvements

Give me my money back.

Love This Car
By thumper16

2012 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've probably have had 20 new cars and that many used in my life but can't say I've liked any more than this. Love the size, the quality in and out, sound system, handling, gas mileage 25-35. Have had it about 6 months and 6,000 miles-no issues.

Favorite Features

Still can't wait to get behind the wheel. Brag this car to everyone. Get nothing but compliments about looks. Best low 30's car out there.

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint is cupholder room. Could be a little better. My wife's 13 RDX is near perfect.