Used 2012 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Acurita
By Fred Murray

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Really, really, Love the Acura!
By T. Judge

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This auto is the best in all areas!

Comfortable/Reliable/Stylish
By Randy

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second TSX. I love this car. Very comfortable on long distance drives. Best gas mileage in its class. Disappointed Acura decided to morph the TSX & TL into the TLX.

Better than I expected!
By oldsnwbrdr

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's interesting to read reviews from those who traded "down" from a European brand.
I did the same, and my monthly lease payment is $120 lower than the Mercedes C300 AWD Sport I traded in.
My family actually prefers the Acura for a lot of reasons... the only things I miss are the 6-cylinder refinement and the Mercedes bank vault build quality.

Value equation, even without the tech package (I have a portable GPS that I use, and the base stereo sounds good enough). Xenon headlights, voice-activated phone dialing. Seats are exceptionally comfortable. Car is roomier than my old Mercedes, and rides smoother. Car is the perfect size, very tossable, easy to see out of and park. Tight turning radius. Great gas mileage, with big fuel tank >500 mile freeway jaunts are possible. I love the styling, and the taupe interior looks fantastic. Interior is very cool and well-assembled. Bluetooth phone and audio connections are flawless, excellent iPod interface. I think there is plenty of low-end torque for most drivers.

The engine sounds like a cheap 4-cylinder, this needs to be retuned. The audio display screen is archaic, and looks like a 20-year old alarm clock (even if you don't opt for the tech package it should still be a color screen that shows the entire artist and song names). The ignition is right in a place where the keys dangle on my knee, my 2007 TL did this too (pushbutton start standard across the board please). While well-built, construction is nowhere near as solid as the Mercedes (and shouldn't be, for $10K less). On-center steering feel is vague and requires constant adjustment. My 18-year old son hounds me to drive the car and is wearing out my tires and paddle shifters. :)

Great car for the money
By flyboiord

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ended my 2009 C300 lease and looked at the TSX when i found a zero down 313 a month lease 10k miles/yr and 36 months.
The car is very nice for the price and i generally really enjoy it although there are some minor drawbacks.
Coming from a 6 to a 4 is a downgrade.
It sounds like any other japanese 4 which means its whiney.
Although the gas miliage is excellent and exceeds expectations and has plenty of power for me.
25 in town and 33-37 on the hwy. The driver seat is just ok and it hits me a little high.
i cannot seem to lower it enough to make it comfortable.
The passanger is perfect however.
The radio is average and the dash has some cheap looking plastic in places.

the car rides great and really performs well. I still prefer German cars to ride and handling however it is still good considering it is 14k cheeper than the Benz. Also the key fob is huge and has this flip out metal thing that is really annoying. The Mercedes just had a chip and fit in your pocket much better. If i wasnt so cheap i would get another Mercedes or BMW but i do enjoy the real leather seats. Overall an excellent car and recommended.