2012 Acura TSX 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2012 TSX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Better than I expected!
By oldsnwbrdr

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's interesting to read reviews from those who traded "down" from a European brand. I did the same, and my monthly lease payment is $120 lower than the Mercedes C300 AWD Sport I traded in. My family actually prefers the Acura for a lot of reasons... the only things I miss are the 6-cylinder refinement and the Mercedes bank vault build quality.

Favorite Features

Value equation, even without the tech package (I have a portable GPS that I use, and the base stereo sounds good enough). Xenon headlights, voice-activated phone dialing. Seats are exceptionally comfortable. Car is roomier than my old Mercedes, and rides smoother. Car is the perfect size, very tossable, easy to see out of and park. Tight turning radius. Great gas mileage, with big fuel tank >500 mile freeway jaunts are possible. I love the styling, and the taupe interior looks fantastic. Interior is very cool and well-assembled. Bluetooth phone and audio connections are flawless, excellent iPod interface. I think there is plenty of low-end torque for most drivers.

Suggested Improvements

The engine sounds like a cheap 4-cylinder, this needs to be retuned. The audio display screen is archaic, and looks like a 20-year old alarm clock (even if you don't opt for the tech package it should still be a color screen that shows the entire artist and song names). The ignition is right in a place where the keys dangle on my knee, my 2007 TL did this too (pushbutton start standard across the board please). While well-built, construction is nowhere near as solid as the Mercedes (and shouldn't be, for $10K less). On-center steering feel is vague and requires constant adjustment. My 18-year old son hounds me to drive the car and is wearing out my tires and paddle shifters. :)

Great car for the money
By flyboiord

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ended my 2009 C300 lease and looked at the TSX when i found a zero down 313 a month lease 10k miles/yr and 36 months. The car is very nice for the price and i generally really enjoy it although there are some minor drawbacks. Coming from a 6 to a 4 is a downgrade. It sounds like any other japanese 4 which means its whiney. Although the gas miliage is excellent and exceeds expectations and has plenty of power for me. 25 in town and 33-37 on the hwy. The driver seat is just ok and it hits me a little high. i cannot seem to lower it enough to make it comfortable. The passanger is perfect however. The radio is average and the dash has some cheap looking plastic in places.

Favorite Features

the car rides great and really performs well. I still prefer German cars to ride and handling however it is still good considering it is 14k cheeper than the Benz. Also the key fob is huge and has this flip out metal thing that is really annoying. The Mercedes just had a chip and fit in your pocket much better. If i wasnt so cheap i would get another Mercedes or BMW but i do enjoy the real leather seats. Overall an excellent car and recommended.

Almost perfect car
By artemus2

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has one flaw and it is something you want to consider before buying. It has a extremelly rough ride. If you are going to buy one test drive it on a highway that is not perfectly smooth and on some cracked pavement. You want to drive it for at least 30 minutes to start to get a feel for it. The car is so much fun to drive that its easy not to notice the rough ride until its too late. It can get very annoying if you drive on the highway for more than ten minutes or so. Everything else about the car is perfect!

Favorite Features

Handling is great. Putting transmission in sport mode makes it faster. Gas mileage is fantastic. Stereo is impressive. Its a blast to drive on curvy country roads. Great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ride. Their is no way it needs to be that rough to handle that well. You can literally feel the tiniest imperfections in the road.

TL owner moving down but not by much...
By dadoftwogirls

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was tired of getting 17.5 mpg on premium gas around town with my 2009 Acura TL. I looked at BMW, Mercedes and Audi. However, I just couldn't justify the extra money. Everything cost EXTRA. I went back to Acura and they had a Milano Red Limited Edition loaded TSX on the showroom floor. I immediately fell in love with the looks and bought it on the spot. To me it is the most agressive looking Acura with the body kit. It just looks sexy and strong. Although I am giving up a lot of power vs. the TL, I am also getting about 6 miles a gallon farther down the road. In addition, I hardly ever found a time when I could 'drive' the TL agressively. At this point, I am not missing it much.

Favorite Features

Very well made. TSX are assembled in Japan. Love the red LED floor lighting, special addition seats, red stitching, two tone rims, and metal racing pedals the limited edition comes with. I added the mud guards and the car lines looks awesome. Seems every bit as quiet or more than my 09' TL but have no way of validiating that. Handling in the TSX is a little more spirited even without the extra HP. Seems a little tighter. Not as much body roll in fast corners. Might be the 500lbs less over the front wheels vs. the TL. Big difference on MPG. I'm getting 24.3 in city vs. my TL's 18.2. Based on my driving I am saving about $40 a month in gas plus a lower montly payment and lower insurance cost.

Suggested Improvements

Not a lot of complaints. I'd love to see Acura offer an engine in the +240hp range vs. just the high end 280hp offering. With the car weight, it would be the sweet spot for that little extra ummmph. I'd also like to see an option for the ELS premium sound system without having to buy the whole technology package. With smartphone GPS as good or better then many cars, the in car units seem obsolete and an expensive waste. Although I like the Milano red, the standard model color choices seem a little drab and uninspired.

Love my TSX
By mharris335

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car in November and it is the best thing I have ever driven. It gets good gas mileage and it's plenty fast enough. I love the feel of the interior and the seats are very comfortable. I had been driving a Honda Accord for the past 10 years, so this car was a big step up for me. What sold me on the TSX was the cost. For a loaded Accord it would have been $28,500 and I paid $29,500 for my TSX. The new Accord felt like a toy, but the TSX feels like more like a sports car/luxury car. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Everything about this car screams fun to drive. It really is a great built car with lots of extra without the big price tag.

Suggested Improvements

I don't have any so far. This car is just to fun to drive. Well I do have one thing I don't like. When I push the door unlock from the remote, it will only unlock the drivers side and not the all four doors.