2012 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Simply Amazing!
By nitish17 on 02/10/14 15:39 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a lightly used 2012 TSX w/ Tech Package and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything people mentioned about it in earlier reviews is absolutely spot on. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate the efficiency of it. The handling is like that of a sports car with very nimble steering response and smooth acceleration off rest point. I would mention that getting the Tech package is well worth the money since it would really bring up the oomph factor of the handsomely designed cabin.

TSX V6, no navigation
By mountainroad76 on 02/15/13 11:53 AM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a good sounding engine, reliability, and refinement as the three dominating factors in that order. I was sick and tired of hearing a nasty exhaust, the constant problems, and lack of refinement that my inherited 04 explorer had. This Acura is better in every way except cargo/seating capacity that I never needed. It is especially fun to drive; it begs you to drive it hard. The deep, refined growl of the engine is priceless, though the effervescent purring of the I4 would have satisfied me. Handling is excellent, but the ride is quite stiffer than a Lexus, and it is louder at high speeds. At least you won't fall asleep! Not a great city commuter, but very fun for highway/mountainous.

This is my second TSX
By drtangalanga on 11/02/12 11:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2006 TSX was a great car, six models later the 2012 is still unbeatable when it comes to value, luxury and sportiness. I considered the usual subjects: Mercedes C250, the BMW 3, and Audi A4. For me the TSX still provides more bang for the buck than any of them, with the vaulted Acura reliability I am used to. My only complaint is about the tech package. You get a lot more features but simple tasks become much more cumbersome and take many more steps to complete.

Acura did not stand behind their product.
By chelocueva on 08/28/12 20:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car last December, after two weeks of driving I notice a whistling noise coming out of the dash, only when the AC is on and the car is moving, it is a high pitch noise that come and goes in intervals of seconds, very annoying, I call the dealer, by the way the dealer was great they did everything in their power to fix this issue, it took 3 tries to notice but finally they heard it, to make a long story short, my car was out of commission for 60 days, 30 days straight, they replace the expansion valve, evaporator, performed recovered/vacuum/charge the system, and I'll almost forgot they replace the bluetooth too cause was not working, finally after phone calls and sending letter

Love This Car
By thumper16 on 07/30/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've probably have had 20 new cars and that many used in my life but can't say I've liked any more than this. Love the size, the quality in and out, sound system, handling, gas mileage 25-35. Have had it about 6 months and 6,000 miles-no issues.

Better than I expected!
By oldsnwbrdr on 04/24/12 14:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's interesting to read reviews from those who traded "down" from a European brand. I did the same, and my monthly lease payment is $120 lower than the Mercedes C300 AWD Sport I traded in. My family actually prefers the Acura for a lot of reasons... the only things I miss are the 6-cylinder refinement and the Mercedes bank vault build quality.

Excellent value for the money - but not perfect
By mtsn on 04/10/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in an aging BMW X5 with a V8 that I loved but couldn't handle the expensive repairs any longer. The TSX with technology package is roughly $12-$15k less than a similarly equipped BMW, Audi, Mercedes and also $5-10k less than a similarly equipped Infiniti or Lexus. I've been very pleased on the value the car offers for the price, but it definitely does not drive "German". The 4 cylinder noise is not pleasing the ear, but it does offer decent power and economy. The safety ratings are excellent, the sound system is very good, it has lots of standard equipment (xenons, leather, sunroof, bluetooth), and is a very solidly built car. I am happy with my purchase...but I still miss my BMW :)

Great car for the money
By flyboiord on 04/05/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ended my 2009 C300 lease and looked at the TSX when i found a zero down 313 a month lease 10k miles/yr and 36 months. The car is very nice for the price and i generally really enjoy it although there are some minor drawbacks. Coming from a 6 to a 4 is a downgrade. It sounds like any other japanese 4 which means its whiney. Although the gas miliage is excellent and exceeds expectations and has plenty of power for me. 25 in town and 33-37 on the hwy. The driver seat is just ok and it hits me a little high. i cannot seem to lower it enough to make it comfortable. The passanger is perfect however. The radio is average and the dash has some cheap looking plastic in places.

Exceeded my expectations
By thelosers on 03/12/12 14:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my silver tsx special edition automatic the other day, and it far exceeded my expectations. This car is great! Rock solid build quality, and very comfotable and luxurious. Ultra responsive steering, acceleration, and brakes. This car really is a blast to drive. I really can't believe this car is so much fun to drive, and feels so tight, responsive, and powerful. The interior and exterior additions of the special edition package really bring an already great car up to another level.

Love the Car...HATE Acura of Ocean NJ
By ellen21 on 03/02/12 20:03 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The TSX is a very nice sized luxury car, but all is ruined by the terrible service at Acura of Ocean. This New Jersey dealership does not care about its customers at all. They are rude and difficult to work with. They do not listen to their customers and never fix things the first time. Twenty four hours after a very expensive service, my car breaks down on the Garden State Parkway. It had to be towed because of a dead battery, something Acura of Ocean was to have checked a mere day prior. Acura of Ocean totally ruined buying and driving an Acura. I will NEVER buy another Acura. By the way, I called the Home Office of Acura and they could care less as well!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TSX in VA is:

$126 per month*