The Worst Car ever
By tomsjay on
2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Bought this car by its look and size. Its a rolling metal slab. Automobile companies get rid of the 'creature comfort' for the so called 'sport' . coarse engine. suspension with zero travell. i should have listened to some warnings about this. cant stand the road noise. You can see the whole car shakes around you when it hits a bump like a slab. I get car sickness. abrupt and floaty acceleration. 2010 model was little better. Heavy car with poor suspension makes it worse, Any way why write more. a piece of non human inhabitable metal junk. cant even hold a coffee. Buy a basic car to drive happy and live comfortably. Leave all the these 'sport sedan' hype...my money is lost.
Favorite Features
What to say if you cant even sit comofortably for 10 minuites.
Suggested Improvements
Lots of road noice..Wish there was a return policy for the automobiles. Companies would have stopped being arrogant and carefull enough of user reaction..I lost all my valuable earnings for this junk
By stlouiscarguy
on 09/24/11 13:35 PM (PDT)

This is an example of why a thorough test drive is so important.

By foxcraft
on 09/26/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

Road noise is a common problem with a lot of vehicles manufactured by Honda. Even the Honda Accord has road noise problems and it is not a sport sedan. I have a RSX and can personally attest to this problem. Because I am an upholsterer, I was able to take the car apart and increase the sound insulation. This helped considerably, but did not eliminate the noise altogether. I also reupholstered and redesigned the seats so that they are more comfortable. Enough about the bad. The good is that Acura makes a car that is fun to drive, reliable, and economical on gas. There is no perfect car that can do everything. If you want something really quiet, you need to shell out some more cash for a Lexus, and with the suspension you will get you will float down the highway. By the way, didn't you test drive this car before you bought it?

By tomsjay
on 09/28/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

Yes I test drove the car. But these are not apparent when you go on smooth road in converation with a smart sales guy... This car has so many unusual faluts. some of them are dengerous. On scary this that this car has the highly sensitive steering with no on centre feel. You have to be monitoring the steering carefully all the time to keep the car in straightline. sometime the car pulls side to side by itslef. Poor brakes with lot of initial spongy travel to activate. you wont feel confidence to move close to another veicle. You wont get the confidence from the feel of the road grip. a kind of disconneted feel on not ideal road situations. The green house is so small with the lowered roofline in turn less air volume around. This itslef will casue lot of creature discomfort. like head aches. and also causes the accoustic noise creeping in with the green house and the strucutre so close to your head. Over all a poor design. may be only good for couple of miles hooligan drive.

By tomsjay
on 09/28/11 17:58 PM (PDT)

Honda needs to learn to make good automobile unibody structure. Not only good for good crash scored. The road noise and harshness is the result of a poor underlying strucutre. No matter how you insulate with materials or underbosy plastic noise is bound to creep in. Honda is good in motorcycle manufacturing. They need to learn the automobile architecture. I would say their cars are wrapped up motorcycles. They are fun for spirited hooigan drive. But in real world they are not good automobiles to the very basic fact that they are far from a good automobile. They have one or two basic platforms, they use for decades. to makes all the models. They are not changing or innovating the basic architecture. Lift any honda vehicle you see the same suspension and structure underleath. This is the root cause of the poor creature comfort in Honda vehicles.

By stlouiscarguy
on 10/16/11 20:16 PM (PDT)

I'm truly sorry your this unhappy with the car, but: 1. I own the car and completely disagree with most of your observations. 2. I stand by my statement that this is why a THOROUGH test drive is important. There is little to nothing that you couldn't have discovered by conducting one. You can't blame a sales guy or the "smooth road." I mean, you were driving right? It's your responsibility to make a well informed buying decision on such a big purchase.

By tomsjay
on 09/28/11 18:10 PM (PDT)

The reality is that most people don't realise all these. People get used to or adapt to an automibile fairly quickly to the point that they are being conditioned. The creature comfort should be the first measure for the ratings of any automobile. If you become tired or feel nausia after driving some time and if you feel like unloading yourslef from the car....then...That is a bad automobile no matter what technology package it has got... I have seen many posting pr poor creature comfort about Honda cars from variety of reviewers. The reason is in the process of making sporty and involving driving machines Honda looses the fineness of the automobile. They were never susccefull to combine like other luxuary brands or automakers. Only exception to an extend may be their minvans.

By borntobewild
on 10/19/11 13:22 PM (PDT)

I too totally disagree with the comments from this buyer of a 2011 TSX. It is a sportier car than say a TL or ES350 etc. However, the car is tight, quiet interior and minimal road noise. Have no idea where this horrible review came from. Is he a disgruntled GM worker? Chrysler? Acura's are great cars. This car with the 4 Cyl auto is fanatastic. MPG is great too. 25-26 for me local and 35-36 on a trip with reg. gas. So anyone reading a negative Acura comment, do your homework. Test drive it. And no i don't work for Acura. Last car was a Toyota. Wife owns a Lexus ES350.

By grylls
on 10/29/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

Wow. Your experience is totally different from mine. I love the handling on my TSX. Most of the roads around my house are really twisty, and I have a lot of fun on them. I also get very good gas mileage. Most of the time I get 26 mpg, but on a road trip back to see my parents in Minnesota I was averaging 39 mpg on the highway which is way above the advertised mpg. And where did you pay a ton of money? I got mine for $26k and change. Is it possible that you have run over a few curbs when you "lost control"? Your car sounds like it has a severely damaged suspension.

By tomsjay
on 10/24/11 17:38 PM (PDT)

I am not any automobile company's advocate. I had great expectations when buying the car. comfortable plus reasonably sporty. The more annoyed I became to know how much honda is upselling this European Accord with Acura branding. It is really not worth the ton of money Honda ia asking for this basic car. I get very poor gas mileage too. Like I said very young guys with only sporty intentions might like this car. It is neither a good sporty car nor a comfortable car. When you get sporty it easily goes out of control with nervous nature during cornering or any mauere. The Traction control or steability controll is almost dead or inactive. no idea when it activates. When the car really slips away in the turns?. To sum it up this is a Heavey Civic or European accord with some differernt materials. Even civic has more dash area. you won't feel faced upfront with all the hard plastic dash and gauges. you can breath. . Honda is good at making a minimal car and marketing it for maximum prise. The last reviewer does not own the car still endorses and praises the quality of the ride. It really lacks the compliant and taught ride mandatory for a premium branding. No wonder Acura brand has lost the value to other luxuary brands. See Infinity for example. they dont make the same platform for decades and rely on brand name. They innovate.