Great styling, value and lots of fun
By gdh12 on
2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After owning a 2011 Acura MDX for about a year - and loving it - I went out and bought this TSX as a commuter vehicle. I guess you either like Acura styling or you don't - I happen to really like the unique and aggressive styling. After reading some reviews, I wasn't expecting much from the 2.4 L, 4 cyl. engine. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the TSX, however. The engine is peppy and quite responsive. I have no problems merging on the freeway or passing - in fact, I really look forward to it. The TSX handles great - I find myself searching for curves or reasons to swerve on the interstate. You get lots of features on the base TSX, which makes it an excellent value.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficiency in a fun-to-drive package. Average 31 mpg in mostly freeway driving at 73-75 mph. On two-lane highways, I get 35-37 mpg driving at 62-65 mph. Love the handling, interior styling and comfort. Very good stereo in the base TSX and iPod integration works great (and comes standard). Heated seats are nice. Paddle shifters + sport mode = good time. Crystal black pearl with parchment interior is just beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
None really - one note, though - the TSX is a sports car and handles like one. If you want a cushy ride - this car probably isn't for you.
By gdh5
on 07/31/14 13:40 PM (PDT)

Update: after putting 65,000 miles on my 2011 TSX, I just traded it in for an Acura TL Tech. The TSX was an excellent car for my commute - very solidly built, 100% trouble-free, lots of nice features, over 31 mpg average with mostly freeway driving...and lots of fun to drive. The fun diminishes a bit with the 4 cylinder when you have a full passenger load. City driving was also not as enjoyable as hitting the highway with the 201 HP engine. This car will go, but not too quick off the line. The car handles great but the ride is firm and the seats are fairly firm as well (although they are quite supportive and well-formed). So, I didn't find the TSX to be a great car for long trips with the family, but it is a nice entry-level luxury car. After owning two Acuras, I am sold on Acura as a brand due to the value for the money, styling and the rock-solid dependability.