Great styling, value and lots of fun
By gdh12 on
2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After owning a 2011 Acura MDX for about a year - and loving it - I went out and bought this TSX as a commuter vehicle. I guess you either like Acura styling or you don't - I happen to really like the unique and aggressive styling. After reading some reviews, I wasn't expecting much from the 2.4 L, 4 cyl. engine. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the TSX, however. The engine is peppy and quite responsive. I have no problems merging on the freeway or passing - in fact, I really look forward to it. The TSX handles great - I find myself searching for curves or reasons to swerve on the interstate. You get lots of features on the base TSX, which makes it an excellent value.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficiency in a fun-to-drive package. Average 31 mpg in mostly freeway driving at 73-75 mph. On two-lane highways, I get 35-37 mpg driving at 62-65 mph. Love the handling, interior styling and comfort. Very good stereo in the base TSX and iPod integration works great (and comes standard). Heated seats are nice. Paddle shifters + sport mode = good time. Crystal black pearl with parchment interior is just beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
None really - one note, though - the TSX is a sports car and handles like one. If you want a cushy ride - this car probably isn't for you.