2011 Acura TSX Consumer Review: Ride's a Show Stopper

2011 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Ride's a Show Stopper
By securiti on

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've got almost 900 miles on my TSX and I'm trying to find a way to unload it. The dealer test drive was performed on smooth asphalt which didn't reveal the bone-jarring ride this car offers on anything but glass-smooth surfaces. I love everything about the car except the ride and steering, which completely lacks feedback and makes moving in a straight line a chore. Handling is exceptional (one of the best I've driven), interior is high quality throughout and mileage is very good for a car this size. If you can get past the lack of suspension, I'd highly recommend this car. However, on certain types of road, it will literally make you sick.

Favorite Features

Nice interior layout. Buttons and other controls are easy to reach. Base stereo sounds good, iPod integration is seamless and control is straight forward.

Suggested Improvements

Clearly the suspension is designed for the track and not for comfort. Electric assist steering could use some tweaking to help the car track better at highway speeds. Every time I tried using Bluetooth phone integration the party on the other end said there was too much noise and they couldn't hear me.