Best Entry Level Value by Far
By stlouiscarguy on
2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
An overall great contender in the Entry Level Luxury category that happens to be an incredible value in the segment to boot! I only recently got my new TSX but already rank it as my favorite car yet. With the six-speed manual it brings a level of engagement sorely missing from my past few vehicles that raises the driving fun factor exponentially. The 2.4L Four with this transmission is more than adequate for real world acceleration needs. The feature list is extensive when equipped with the Tech package. That combined with the interior materials quality plus fit and finish make this a Wow Car for those that see it for the first time. Most expect it to be priced much higher than it is.
Favorite Features
The six-speed is a joy to use for rowing through the gears. The grade of leather is impressive at this pricepoint. Every touchpoint presents quality materials. I enjoy the sporty steering wheel, reverse camera, reverse tilt passenger side mirror, well-designed sunroof w/integrated wind deflector, and the impressive audio system with a multitude of music source options. The voice activated features are fun to show off as well!
Suggested Improvements
The HandsfreeLink system could use some simplification. I've had multiple cars with bluetooth connectivity, all of which required less steps to perform regular tasks. In addition, with today's tech, voice tags shouldn't be necessary anymore. If voice search can recognize songs on my ipod I would think it should be able to recognize names in my phonebook that syncs with the system as well. A few wishlist features that I've experienced in other vehicles are easy entry/exit (where the seat moves back upon exit and returns to driving position upon starting the car,) rain-sensing windshield wipers, and ventilated/cooled seats.