2011 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Seat/ride comfort: Love it or hate it
By sumrtoy on 12/31/12 07:53 AM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2010 and 2011 TSX review have similar comments about comfort... hate the seats/ride... love the seats/ride. In my case I hate them. Can't get comfortable no matter the setting. To be fair the car is very fun to drive on short 15 min trips, I have a blast. Get to the 30 min + and it can get miserable. And likewise with the ride. Feels like a go cart. After while it gets old. Overall however the quality is great. For sporty folk the ride and seats may work great. If you are from the Buick generation.... don't get this car. For me... its usually parked and i take the wife's mini van on most drives. If i owned it, it'd take the loss and sell it, but it's a lease... bad move.

Great styling, value and lots of fun
By gdh12 on 03/03/12 08:19 AM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning a 2011 Acura MDX for about a year - and loving it - I went out and bought this TSX as a commuter vehicle. I guess you either like Acura styling or you don't - I happen to really like the unique and aggressive styling. After reading some reviews, I wasn't expecting much from the 2.4 L, 4 cyl. engine. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the TSX, however. The engine is peppy and quite responsive. I have no problems merging on the freeway or passing - in fact, I really look forward to it. The TSX handles great - I find myself searching for curves or reasons to swerve on the interstate. You get lots of features on the base TSX, which makes it an excellent value.

Amazing
By mikezpainter on 11/09/11 01:19 AM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought in feb 2011, now 10 months & 16,000 miles later.... all i can say is simply amazing. I've heard good things about Acura but was sold from my first test drive. The handling of this car is by far better than most sports cars, & i've had my share in the past 35 yrs. I smile in the morning as i get out of the door looking forward to my 30 min drive. I look forward to freeways that merge so i can take the turn; i never decelerate and it asks for more. I also like the lumbar seats, my gas is over 20 atimes gets 24-26 when i can keep it at 65. Quiet, problem free, a dream car. I'm not usually at a loss 4 words so all i can say is i wish everyone could drive a car like this.

Love the TSX Sportwagon
By really1 on 11/08/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX Sportwagon. It handles Great. You may suffer a little in ride, but it is worth it for the accurate steering and handling. This car if for people who actually LIKE to drive. It makes you want to throw it into a curve because it is so much fun especially when you keep the revs screaming. Even in a wagon!! Gas Mileage has been great at 30 MPG on a Heavy Foot! Honda's are known for their road noise - could be less here, but its getting better. In the long run - this car is so worth it

Best Entry Level Value by Far
By stlouiscarguy on 09/24/11 12:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

An overall great contender in the Entry Level Luxury category that happens to be an incredible value in the segment to boot! I only recently got my new TSX but already rank it as my favorite car yet. With the six-speed manual it brings a level of engagement sorely missing from my past few vehicles that raises the driving fun factor exponentially. The 2.4L Four with this transmission is more than adequate for real world acceleration needs. The feature list is extensive when equipped with the Tech package. That combined with the interior materials quality plus fit and finish make this a Wow Car for those that see it for the first time. Most expect it to be priced much higher than it is.

The Worst Car ever
By tomsjay on 09/15/11 18:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car by its look and size. Its a rolling metal slab. Automobile companies get rid of the 'creature comfort' for the so called 'sport' . coarse engine. suspension with zero travell. i should have listened to some warnings about this. cant stand the road noise. You can see the whole car shakes around you when it hits a bump like a slab. I get car sickness. abrupt and floaty acceleration. 2010 model was little better. Heavy car with poor suspension makes it worse, Any way why write more. a piece of non human inhabitable metal junk. cant even hold a coffee. Buy a basic car to drive happy and live comfortably. Leave all the these 'sport sedan' hype...my money is lost.

Happy
By jembry on 09/06/11 20:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had my TSX for a few days but really like it. I was going to buy an Accord but liked the sportier driving attitude of the Acura. My last two cars were both German and although there is no substitute for the German car feel, I quickly tired of the reliability, and maintenance. The tech package really packs a lot of extras and has a great sound system. This car really has all of the features of cars costing thousands more while getting great gas mileage.

Stiff legged
By mugman1 on 06/28/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 1700 miles on my 2011 TSX. Overall this is a very nice car. I'm coming out of a 2002 VW Passat GLX and miss the V6's low end torque, but the 4 cyl engine helps the car get out of its own way if you rev it. The suspension is a bit stiff but not in an overly uncomfortable way. Unfortunately, I cannot get comfortable in the seats. Before buying, I took it overnight and drove it over 100 miles, but after buying, I learned while driving it on a 2 hour continuous trip that the long seat cushion compresses a part of my thigh making my right leg fall asleep. Now I only look forward to ending my drive which is incredibly disappointing. Looks like my wife has a new car instead!

Excellent Value and Perfect Size
By kimard8 on 06/28/11 18:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is an excellent overall value in the entry level luxury sedan category. For background, previous cars were 03 328ci, 07 328, 11 M3, 08 4 Runner. The smoothest shifting manual transmission that makes it so easy to drive, even in So Cal traffic. Shifts are short and the clutch is light and soft - could use a little more feel. 2.4L engine is silky smooth with adequate power (not as torquey as the Germans) but fuel economy is awesome (450 miles to tank in mixed driving). I love the fact that the only option was Navigation. Xenon, bluetooth, sunroof, leather are all standard vs. options on Germans. Negatives: understeer (FWD), steering lacks go-kart feel of CRV.

Second TSX
By larryken on 06/25/11 05:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Former owner of a 2008 TSX, which I had for almost 50K miles. The new model is an improvement in interior size, quieter cabin and handling. Exterior design is pleasing also. Fuel economy is the same to the former model, average mixed driving is 30 mpg and highway 33 to 36 mpg. When hard accelerating the exhaust note growls. Steering has plenty of feedback and the suspension is stiff but not teeth rattling. I'm pleased with the evolutionary improvements.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Acura TSX Sedan in NJ is:

$169 per month*